Comments

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

You certainly mean "translating". In what languages?

• There are over 90 on google translate and I have done them all but want to make them better. Tell me what you can do and I will send you a transcript. What I have done in the past is to redo the book, publish with translators name, then send them a free signed copy. Vietnamese was my best seller. Thank you for getting back to me.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

jotealian1 a écrit :

There are over 90 on google translate and I have done them all but want to make them better. Tell me what you can do and I will send you a transcript. What I have done in the past is to redo the book, publish with translators name, then send them a free signed copy. Vietnamese was my best seller. Thank you for getting back to me.

Smiley LOL    Is this a joke or what?

• jotealian1 wrote:

There are over 90 on google translate and I have done them all but want to make them better. Tell me what you can do and I will send you a transcript. What I have done in the past is to redo the book, publish with translators name, then send them a free signed copy. Vietnamese was my best seller. Thank you for getting back to me.

What?

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

I was scratching my noggin on it as well.

Ron Miller wrote:

jotealian1 wrote:

What?

• SphinxCameron wrote:

Ron Miller wrote:

jotealian1 wrote:

What?

I believe that this writer is saying that he or she uses Google Translate to translate books and then publishes them in that language, with whatever errors Google Translate may make (which is many). This writer thus appears to propose that someone correct these poor translations in exchange for translation credit and a "Contributor's copy" of the work translated.

And I doubt that there will be many people taking that offer on those terms.

• Skoob_Ym wrote:

SphinxCameron wrote:

Ron Miller wrote:

jotealian1 wrote:

What?

I believe that this writer is saying that he or she uses Google Translate to translate books and then publishes them in that language, with whatever errors Google Translate may make (which is many). This writer thus appears to propose that someone correct these poor translations in exchange for translation credit and a "Contributor's copy" of the work translated.

And I doubt that there will be many people taking that offer on those terms.

That's what I feared the writer meant.

My next question is: What books are being translated? Are these originally in the public domain, I hope?

• One can only hope so.

It would be extremely shameless to ask authors to undermine the copyrights of other authors by publicly accepting a commission to perform an illegal act.