Concern about book length - is 36 pages too few?

Hi everyone,

I had participated a bit here back when I joined a few months ago. I'm an illustrator and am collaborating with an author friend on a Children's Book that also has a Calendar component. 

Previously I'd used the price calculator for our 36-page book. Now as I'm looking at uploading the file I see that. although the calculator let me enter "36" as a page length, I'm just now seeing a note on this page (http://www.lulu.com/author/wizard/index.php?fCID=21444980, "Before You Upload") which says: "Make sure your book has between 84 and 740 pages."

This is a big concern as we're only needing 36 pages and there's no way or reason to expand to 84 pages.

I'm hoping there's a way around this page parameter and that we can print a 36-page print book. Can someone advise please?

Thank you,

Jay   

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

I believe 32 pages is the minimum. What format, as in page size and binding is it?

PomegranateSeed wrote:

Hi everyone,

I had participated a bit here back when I joined a few months ago. I'm an illustrator and am collaborating with an author friend on a Children's Book that also has a Calendar component. 

Previously I'd used the price calculator for our 36-page book. Now as I'm looking at uploading the file I see that. although the calculator let me enter "36" as a page length, I'm just now seeing a note on this page (http://www.lulu.com/author/wizard/index.php?fCID=21444980, "Before You Upload") which says: "Make sure your book has between 84 and 740 pages."

This is a big concern as we're only needing 36 pages and there's no way or reason to expand to 84 pages.

I'm hoping there's a way around this page parameter and that we can print a 36-page print book. Can someone advise please?

Thank you,

Jay   

• Is the file not being accepted on the File Step? The page count displayed on the File step should match, but there is a bug that occasionally forces the page count to display the distribution minimum and not the printing minimum. If you can upload and proceed, you should be fine.

If not, let us know and I can ask someone to look closer at your project.

• SphinxCameron wrote:

I believe 32 pages is the minimum. What format, as in page size and binding is it?

Thank you, it's been a hectic weekend here, apologies for my delay. I think part of the issue was that I was looking under "Standard Paperback" when I should have been looking under "Premium Paperback" — the page minimum seems to be smaller there. (Letter-sized pages, saddle stitch binding)

• Paul_Lulu wrote:
    Is the file not being accepted on the File Step? The page count displayed on the File step should match, but there is a bug that occasionally forces the page count to display the distribution minimum and not the printing minimum. If you can upload and proceed, you should be fine.

If not, let us know and I can ask someone to look closer at your project.

Thank you, I think the problem was my looking under "Standard Paperback" when I should have been looking under "Premium Paperback".