Cannot upload cover image

Tried everything for 6X9 hardcover casewrap. Tried a fraction under as well as over 6.875x10.75 total measurement. Confirmed 300 ppi. No success with jpg, tried pdf and tif. One screen indicated my file size (6.7-6.9 Mb) was OK. I even tried a different pc. All attempts were rejected without a word of explanation except "file too large" (tif) or (file corrupt (pdf). I never had a problem in this step with 2 previous paperbacks. No reponse yet from lulu support and no phone number to call. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

A jpg or png roughly 3MB or slightly below and on the measurement should get accepted.

JamesF wrote:

Tried everything for 6X9 hardcover casewrap. Tried a fraction under as well as over 6.875x10.75 total measurement. Confirmed 300 ppi. No success with jpg, tried pdf and tif. One screen indicated my file size (6.7-6.9 Mb) was OK. I even tried a different pc. All attempts were rejected without a word of explanation except "file too large" (tif) or (file corrupt (pdf). I never had a problem in this step with 2 previous paperbacks. No reponse yet from lulu support and no phone number to call. Thanks for any help.

• Is 3 mb the max jpg file size? I can't reduce the measurements of the image. If I reduce file size to < half, I might end up with a blur. When my tif attempt was rejected the message implied a limit of 10 mb.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

What image manipulation software are you using?

If memory serves the cover measurements are listed in pixels as well.

If you have the inches right but the pixels wrong the cover maker won't like it.

What pixel do you have versus what the cover maker requires?

JamesF wrote:

Is 3 mb the max jpg file size? I can't reduce the measurements of the image. If I reduce file size to < half, I might end up with a blur. When my tif attempt was rejected the message implied a limit of 10 mb.

• You should be fine with an image file up to 10mb, and the uploader will actually accept slightly larger.

If you're seeing a "corrupt" warning with a PDF, I would try distilling the file to see if it corrects the issue. I don't think measurements or file size are the problem, as the cover tool will display a pointed warning for each of those issues.

My best guess is that the file itself is actually damaged in some way.