Book printed at wrong size, interior correct

On receiving a proof of the first version of my book, which was supposed to be 6x9, I discovered it had been printed at 8.5x11, which isn't even an option for a saddle stitched book of 20-something pages.

I figured it must've been something I did wrong with the files I submitted, but after extensive tinkering and research on LuLu, it doesn't appear to be anything on my end--everything comes out the same. 

I'm not sure what's happening, but I need to understand why the book printed in such a large (supposedly unavailable) size and what I need to do in order to fix that OR in order to format my interior to match the larger size.

Anyone have any experience with this? I submitted a help request, but it's been almost a week and I haven't heard back.

Comments

• Sorry to hear about the delay in getting a response from our customer service team. I do see the case in our system and I passed it over to a support agent to get back to you as soon as possible.
  • Elliedijulio

Did you set your book size to 6 x 9 in Word (or whatever software you used to write it). If you submitted a PDF to Lulu, did you set the PDF size to 6 x 9?

8.5 x 11 saddle stitch with 20 pages is a valid option. Did you perhaps select this by mistake?