Is both print and eBook an option?

I guess there is nothing to stop anyone from going for both Print and eBook options, other than having to do two lots of work? Or does anyone recommend focusing on just one of the options for any particular reason?

I am  new to Lulu and still looking at all the various self-publishing options in respect of a childrens picture book. 

Thank you.

Comments

• Print books and ebooks require different formatting. Since you're interested in publishing a children's picture book, I think it would be better to focus on a print book. I've read that kid's picture books don't do very well in digital form.

• Thank you for the quick reply. I understand the formatting is different, and I would be happy to format the book in two different versions. It makes sense that print would be more popular for children's books, but I was also considering the growing popularity of Kindle.

• It's actually recommended to have both. Or even a hardback edition too just to give more options for buyers and maybe get more sales. To be honest I've only sold two hardbacks in 3 years of the same book. I didn't make anymore as they are expensive and the profit is not as good. I use the same documents for epub or paperback. I just let the wizard and convertor take out the numbers, etc,. it works. But of course if you know how to format each version your book will look better on devices. But again my opinion is to do both so people will have the choice. Just for an example one of my books I put into epub only for almost a year. It's my bestseller. Someone here suggested to make a paperback version so people like myself that don't like kindles and a hard copy will be able to get it too. I did make a difference. Not a get rich difference but enough to keep me inspired to keep going. Thanks to DB for that Smiley Happy

• Thank you TJN. That is interesting. I will strudy formatting for both.

Do Lulu books go onto Amazon automatically, or is this an option I have to select, or pay extra for?

Thank you.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

You have to select the option, and it is free. The only cost is paying for a proof copy of the print version.

DavidÓDruaidh wrote:

Thank you TJN. That is interesting. I will strudy formatting for both.

Do Lulu books go onto Amazon automatically, or is this an option I have to select, or pay extra for?

Thank you.

• Another question occurs to me. Does a book still have the same ISBN, when it is in Print and eBook?

Thank you.

• Each edition will get their own ISBN. So a unique ISBN for paperback, ebook, and hardcover (if you went for all three of the common options).
    If you created a 6x9 paperback and a 8.5x11 paperback, those books would each need a unique ISBN as well.