Your document could not be created: We do not accept PDF documents with pages of differing sizes.

The above message has appeared at the uploading stage. I have checked the page sizes and they are all the same size.

I notice if i upload the word doc it accepts it ok. However when Lulu converts the word doc to pdf it changes some of the formatting which makes it uselss. 

anmy suggestions? 

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Distilling your word doc into a PDF then uploading generally works without any issues.

Even if there is one page slightly off in a word doc (it doesn't matter if it's page size or margins) converting it yourself will either override or show the issue.

kem1 wrote:

The above message has appeared at the uploading stage. I have checked the page sizes and they are all the same size.

I notice if i upload the word doc it accepts it ok. However when Lulu converts the word doc to pdf it changes some of the formatting which makes it uselss. 

anmy suggestions? 

• Are you perhaps trying to upload a book which has both landscape and portrait orientation? This won't work.

If your book is all one orientation the next question becomes why do you have different page sizes? It sounds like you have lots of different documents uploaded to your project - if you wrote a book as one single Word document each page, of necessity, would be the same size - so I would suggest that you check the dimensions of the pages in each file and adjust, as necessary.

Then, if you don't have doPDF software I would suggest you download it (just Google doPDF - it's free) and use it to create a PDF from your source document. You will have to amalgamate you source documents first, if you used more than one.

It is always best to upload a PDF file to Lulu instead of a Word document because with PDF what you see is what you get; there will be no nasty surprises.

• Thanks for your help. However my problem is that the pages in the document are all the same size and are correct. for some reason the system is seeing what is not there. 

• SphinxCameron is right about distilling the file. Most likely the conversion from Word to PDF is resulting in a page size differing even though there is no visible difference, nor will the page size indicator in Adobe Reader show a difference.
    I'm not sure where the glitch lies, but I've encountered this many many times when creating a PDF from Word. The best solution is to Distill the file using Lulu Job Options.