ISBN Number

I do not plan on publishing a book for sell on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. but if I'm reading the instructions correctly, it says to get an ISBN number I have to check that I intend to sell on Amazon, etc.

My question is, if I check that, am I committed to selling like that or can I just sell on Lulu? Thanks

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

You can sell just on Lulu without an ISBN.

To sell anywhere else through Lulu, then you need one.

belcherd6 wrote:
    I do not plan on publishing a book for sell on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. but if I'm reading the instructions correctly, it says to get an ISBN number I have to check that I intend to sell on Amazon, etc. My question is, if I check that, am I committed to selling like that or can I just sell on Lulu? Thanks

• Thanks for the answer but my question was:  If I check I'm gonna sell on Amazon, etc., to get an ISBN Number am I committed to sell on other sellers?  I'm helping a lady get her book printed and she wants an ISBN number come *** or highwater!  I'm doing my best to convince her to just sell on Lulu but she still thinks she needs a number  Thanks

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

If you elect to distribute get an ISBN, then check which venues get distributed to. You can also get an ISBN even if you don't intend to distribute.

Simply put, if your client does not intend to distribute or sell other than on Lulu, she does not need an ISBN.

belcherd6 wrote:

Thanks for the answer but my question was:  If I check I'm gonna sell on Amazon, etc., to get an ISBN Number am I committed to sell on other sellers?  I'm helping a lady get her book printed and she wants an ISBN number come *** or highwater!  I'm doing my best to convince her to just sell on Lulu but she still thinks she needs a number  Thanks