Poetry Book TOC

Hi Community,

I am using the poetry book format and it makes an automatic Table of Contents, right after the Title page.

However, I'd like to have an extra page in there, so it would be Title Page, Dedication page, then TOC

When I try "add page" though, it won't do it. It always puts the new page after the TOC.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible, and if so, how? Maybe there's a special trick for this?

Or, are the poetry books set up in a way that this can't be done, and you only get Title page and TOC?

I'd quit trying, if I knew it was impossible, but it seems like it should be.

Tia,

Karbyn

Comments

• Here is what you need to do:

My Wonderful Poems (allocate Heading 1 style)

Copyright 2017 (allocate Heading 1 style)

All Rights Reserved

Dedication Page (allocate Heading 1 style)

Dedicated to the muse

I'm a poet

But you wouldn't know it

My poems are bad

It is so sad

• Thank you for the info and I look forward to trying it this weekend!

(Headed off to work at the "don't quit the day job" for right now, since I'm still not rich & famous quite yet.)

Thanks again!

• Hi Danielblue,

I am attempting your suggestion today.

From what you said, it sounds like something I'd do using Styles in Word, which I am familiar with, but for this book, I have been typing the text (of the poems) directly into the pages in the lulu book template. I'm not seeing a way to mark those with styles, or how that would work?

If you have a minute or two for a more detailed explanation, I'd be super appreciative.

Thanks!

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Use the template to adjust your doc, as in don't use the template to produce your doc as it is a guideline.

Karbyn_Eilde wrote:

Hi Danielblue,

I am attempting your suggestion today.

From what you said, it sounds like something I'd do using Styles in Word, which I am familiar with, but for this book, I have been typing the text (of the poems) directly into the pages in the lulu book template. I'm not seeing a way to mark those with styles, or how that would work?

If you have a minute or two for a more detailed explanation, I'd be super appreciative.

Thanks!

• But I had not been using a template for the poetry book, so this explanation confuses me.

Each page is separate, from the Layout choices on the left side.

It's not one big document in a template.

I think I'm missing something that is assumed I would know, but apparently it seems I don't.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Okay, you start with your original word-type doc.

You format odd and even pages as shown in the template -- myou don't use the template itself to create the file you're going to upload.

At the beginning of the file you'll upload you'll also want to include Title Page, Copyright Page, and so on.

The template as such is an example of what you should be doing with your working file.

Karbyn_Eilde wrote:

But I had not been using a template for the poetry book, so this explanation confuses me.

Each page is separate, from the Layout choices on the left side.

It's not one big document in a template.

I think I'm missing something that is assumed I would know, but apparently it seems I don't.

• Great!

Thank you for the reply.