wallmar t

I found one of my books on wwalmartt online, became wildly excited. When I clicked, however, I saw only the cover, with a notice that it was unavaliable. Do we distribute to wallmartt? If so, how? If not, why not? It would be a wonderful idea.

The subject is mispelled on purpose. It seems the word is blocked.

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

It was likely pulled through ISBN feed as long as it doesn't somehow violate someone's religious principles.

My work is pretty tame in a PG-15 sort of way and not listed there while G. R. R. Martin's GOT work is. Perhaps it's the money making aspect.

Em_Press wrote:

I found one of my books on wwalmartt online, became wildly excited. When I clicked, however, I saw only the cover, with a notice that it was unavaliable. Do we distribute to wallmartt? If so, how? If not, why not? It would be a wonderful idea.

The subject is mispelled on purpose. It seems the word is blocked.

• Just checked mine on there. The cover and everything is there but is listed unavailable. What's going on with that? And they do sell Chrisitan books there , I've bought them.

• Very interesting. Perhaps lulu is starting something...preparing for wider distribution. That would be a great place. The whole world shops there. Especially with Christmas a few months away; it would be one stop shopping for everyone.

Thank you very much to both of you for answering. Perhaps Paul or Taylor could shed some light tomorrow.

• I had to ask our distribution team, as I didn't realize walmart was included in our distribution services.

It turns out, Ingram includes walmart as a retailer for print on demand. The way it works, walmart picks and chooses the books they offer. If you sell a book on walmart's site, it will list in your sales and revenue as "Ingram."
  • Wow...thank you, Paul.

How can I get it listed as available? Should I contact Lulu Support? Ingram?

• We will have to investigate further on why the titles are listed as "unavailable" on walmart. I am creating a support case for each of you and will be emailing you shortly.
  • So are so nice, Taylor! Thank you!!

I find it interesting how the Walton family monster-store picks and chooses titles to carry, though it's apparently all about the money.

My work is basically PG-15, what bit of graphic material is included would be considered tame by many of todays 13-year-olds. I had one book one-starred by someone at B&N who was looking for hard-core erotica, who looked at the cover rather than the description.

Yet at Wally World I can find Fifty Shades of Schtuff, as well as works that feature incest, rape, murder, and so on. What's up with that?

• Cameron, I just found four of my children's books there. I looked up my name in quoation marks. It says sold by Books Direct. Look up your name.

• Start looking up your name and your book titles there every day. They will think the whole world wants it and make them aware it exists. You can also write to them and tell them you can't find the book. They have a mini survey asking if you found what you were looking for. I look up my books on Amazon every day. Just to make sure they're active. A lot of work, but worth it.

PS. I've sent several emails today trying to correct two incorrect covers on Walm... Lulu was the only place that responded and took action immediately.

My work is listed at BooksDirect, and totally absent at Wally World.

Em_Press wrote:

Cameron, I just found four of my children's books there. I looked up my name in quoation marks. It says sold by Books Direct. Look up your name.

• So write to Walm...t and say you're ;looking for that book. It's true, you are looking for that book on their site. Write to 5 different places. Every single contact link and email you can find.

• Send me a list. I can do it for you tomorrow if you're too shy.

Oh, I've seen the mini-survey. I also lack the time to visit Wally World's virtual book emporium regulary. The demon warrior princesses keep me hopping and finding time to write takes a back seat to them. The only reason I'm active on Lulu is I snatch moments here and yon, in order to not recite Vogon poetry in Iambic Pentameter Wamater by the time the Wife gets home.

Some days I don't even know why I bother to try to keep writing what few care to read and then only rarely. The princesses already have me outclassed on intelligence, and I'm not sure what I (with my gibbon's perspective in comparison) am good for other than wiping poopy butts and taking care of their other basic needs.

I'd better get some more edits done before the not quite 14-month-old wakes up and starts building her own personal particle accelerator.

Em_Press wrote:

Start looking up your name and your book titles there every day. They will think the whole world wants it and make them aware it exists. You can also write to them and tell them you can't find the book. They have a mini survey asking if you found what you were looking for. I look up my books on Amazon every day. Just to make sure they're active. A lot of work, but worth it.

PS. I've sent several emails today trying to correct two incorrect covers on Walm... Lulu was the only place that responded and took action immediately.

• That creepo Woody All says 90% of success is just showing up. Just send one email. I too have kids and animals.

*sigh*

Try keeping up with demon warrior princesses at my age; not easy. These two study people they don't know like test subjects in a lab, then switch on their 'cute little girl' routine when it becomes obvious they've caught an adult's attention.As for animals, I miss the mountain lions and wild hogs that used to come sniffing around, till they figured out the girls aren't as cuddly as they look. Even the raccoon does a run by feeding after it can't hear the Graces.

Then there's other schtuff in life as there always is. Point being, even with medication I have to work at keeping heart rate and blood pressure down somewhere close to human range, and dealing with Wally World even via email won't help. I'd like to avoid massive stroke and / or heart attack for as long as I can.

As for success, Woddy All is wrong. Being in the right place at the right time counts for a lot.

At any rate the not quite 14-month-old dropped a six pound medicine ball on her foot and needs consoling. She gets angry at not being able to throw the thing at me yet.

Em_Press wrote:

That creepo Woody All says 90% of success is just showing up. Just send one email. I too have kids and animals.

• The cutest age. Enjoy. Smiley Happy

Cuter than when they start intentionally intimidating adults which won't be long, but still handfuls at this stage.

I enjoy getting my heart rate below 120 BPM.

Em_Press wrote:

The cutest age. Enjoy. Smiley Happy

• No, they're funny when they start trying to intimidate adults. It's all about humour. I laugh every day.

Btw, this book thing is like building a castle one grain of sand at a time. Still, your kids will get your castle at the end Smiley Wink I've been told I'm a pushy woman. So, send that email!! Smiley Happy

Their Graces might be amusing at times, but they each have a deep grasp of human psychology, and a high enough intelligence to outwit an adult human with psychopathic tendancies. These two don't try to intimidate adults, they succeed at intimidating adults.

As for castles, had matters gone differently a while back their alternates would be sitting in one today.

Em_Press wrote:

No, they're funny when they start trying to intimidate adults. It's all about humour. I laugh every day.

Btw, this book thing is like building a castle one grain of sand at a time. Still, your kids will get your castle at the end Smiley Wink I've been told I'm a pushy woman. So, send that email!! Smiley Happy