How to remove the line associated with page number

A line is created above the page number in the footer when I added page number.

How can I remove the line? The line remains even when I remove the page number.

I have tried to find solutions on the net but the solutions suggested there do not work.

It was created by the Lulu template I think. Lulu helpers have hand off policy and do not 

tell me how to do it. Can any one help?

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

As a rule a template is best used as an example of how you should format the document you're working on.

I've refered to the template for settings but never used it to create a document. I've also never had a line show up above the footer.

afchang wrote:

A line is created above the page number in the footer when I added page number.

How can I remove the line? The line remains even when I remove the page number.

I have tried to find solutions on the net but the solutions suggested there do not work.

It was created by the Lulu template I think. Lulu helpers have hand off policy and do not 

tell me how to do it. Can any one help?

• Thanks. I would not use the template if I am doing it again.
    In my case it is already done and I am trying to find a way to remove the line.
  • SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Two years ago I had a book almost ready to release. The novel in question has been opened on successive computers for seven years. Before I could distill the book to PDF for upload, I had to remove formatting and do it all over to remove glitches.

My point is sometimes you have to do things the hard way to get the results you want.

In your case, have you tried converting your file to PDF before uploading it?

afchang wrote:
    Thanks. I would not use the template if I am doing it again.
    In my case it is already done and I am trying to find a way to remove the line.

• Highlight the page number and Clear formatting. It's a feature near toolbar.

Or, go to Insert page number and select a different kind of page number. The first suggestion is your best bet though. It almost always works.