Page Size

Hi,

I am new to Lulu, but it was recommended to me by a friend who said that they loved it. Basically, my friend and I both wrote a murder mystery as a gift to someone else. We wrote it in Google Docs so that we could both write at the same time and see what the other person is writing, and I put it into Word once we finished. I've completely finished formatting it now, but I've found a (possible) problem. Basically, the size of paper we want to use is 6" x 9". Since we created it in Google Docs, I just picked the closest thing for the page size (6.93" x 9.84") because it was the "B5" paper setting and I assumed that's what Lulu's size was since I hadn't looked at the page in a while. Now, I've formatted the whole book using a 6.93" x 9.84" page size, and Lulu's page size is 6" x 9". If I try to reformat it using 6" x 9", I am probably going to have to start from scratch because I tried it earlier and it ruins how all pictures and headers are lined up. I'm just wondering if giving Lulu a file with a 6.93" x 9.84" paper size instead of 6" x 9" will affect the book and have some of it chopped off of the edge. I set the margins correctly and everything, all following the video "How to Format Your File (PC)."

Basically, will 6.93" x 9.84" sized paper work for the 6" x 9" book size?

Comments

• The short answer? No. You have already proved this to yourself.

• if you upload a file with pages sized 6.93 x 9.84, our system will "shrink" you down to 6 x 9. You can (and I suggest doing this) convert the file and review the print ready PDF to see how the resizing looks.
  • So should it be EXACTLY 6"x9"?

The reason I'm asking is MSWord has a default (A5) to 5.83X 8.27

I'm guessing the difference isn't much, but of course I can customize to 6X9.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Do a Custom size of 6x9 as 5.83x8.27 is not equal to 6x9.

MarcNYY618 wrote:

So should it be EXACTLY 6"x9"?

The reason I'm asking is MSWord has a default (A5) to 5.83X 8.27

I'm guessing the difference isn't much, but of course I can customize to 6X9.

• MS Word for some reason doesn't recognize US Trade 6x9 as a standard size. So you'll need to make a custom size.

Ideally, yes the page will be exactly the size of your book (or 0.25" larger if you're making a book with full bleed interior printing).