What do the different types of hardback books look like?

I've created around twenty A5 paperback books over the last few years and have been pleased with Lulu's costs and quality.

But now I want to produce a hardback book. Lulu seems to offer five options:

US Trade, 15.24x22.86cm, Black & White, Dust Jacket, Hardcover
US Trade, 15.24x22.86cm, Black & White, Casewrap, Hardcover
US Trade, 15.24x22.86cm, Full-color, Casewrap, Hardcover
US Letter, 20.95x27.3cm, Black & White, Casewrap, Hardcover
US Letter, 20.95x27.3cm, Full-color, Casewrap Hardcover

Is there anywhere on-line I could see actual examples of these different covers? It's hard to know what to go for otherwise.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press ✭✭

6x9 Casewrap, white paper, looks great. I have produced several this month. Plus, it has distribution. I recommend it.

• pmarris wrote:

I've created around twenty A5 paperback books over the last few years and have been pleased with Lulu's costs and quality.

But now I want to produce a hardback book. Lulu seems to offer five options:

US Trade, 15.24x22.86cm, Black & White, Dust Jacket, Hardcover
    US Trade, 15.24x22.86cm, Black & White, Casewrap, Hardcover
    US Trade, 15.24x22.86cm, Full-color, Casewrap, Hardcover
    US Letter, 20.95x27.3cm, Black & White, Casewrap, Hardcover
    US Letter, 20.95x27.3cm, Full-color, Casewrap Hardcover

Is there anywhere on-line I could see actual examples of these different covers? It's hard to know what to go for otherwise.

You could go to a bookstore, instead.

• Em_Press wrote:

6x9 Casewrap, white paper, looks great. I have produced several this month. Plus, it has distribution. I recommend it.

Thanks Em_Press. I'll play with that one first.

• As a follow-up question, could I clarify the exact differences between Lulu's two hardback offerings (i.e. dust jacket hardcover vs Casewrap hardcover)?

Dust jacket hardcover

Is the dust jacket glossy (both front and back) - and designed using the same Lulu cover design wizard as one uses for perfect-bound paperbacks? Also, do I assume that front and back cover of the book itself is just plain card (with just the book title on the spine)? If so, can one choose the colour of the card?

Casewrap hardcover

Looking on my own bookshelves, there seem to be numerous flavours of casewrap. Do I assume Lulu's version (without a dust jacket obviosuly) provides a glossy front and back hard cover? And, is it designed using the same cover-design wizard as above?