No Approve Button

The printer's proof was received by the author today and everything looks great and is ready to be printed at full quantity (300 copies). However, in the "revise" option there is no "approve" button to be found. There is only "cancel" and "create new revision." I've checked everywhere and read through all the forums.

My understanding is that the approve button only shows if the book is being distributed by Lulu.

Due to the page count and other criteria, this book does not meet Lulu's distribution requierements (which I already knew). It also has a purchased ISBN. The 300 copies will be delieverd diretly to the author.

How can I approve the proof and give the green light for final quantity to be printed and delivered? (ID21137173)

Thanks,

Michelle

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Simply put, if the proof is good and the author approves there should be nothing to revise.

Since the book isn't being distributed, there is no approve button.

What needs to be done is someone has to order 300 copies in order to get them printed and delivered.

enschm2 wrote:

The printer's proof was received by the author today and everything looks great and is ready to be printed at full quantity (300 copies). However, in the "revise" option there is no "approve" button to be found. There is only "cancel" and "create new revision." I've checked everywhere and read through all the forums.

My understanding is that the approve button only shows if the book is being distributed by Lulu.

Due to the page count and other criteria, this book does not meet Lulu's distribution requierements (which I already knew). It also has a purchased ISBN. The 300 copies will be delieverd diretly to the author.

How can I approve the proof and give the green light for final quantity to be printed and delivered? (ID21137173)

Thanks,

Michelle

• Thanks for the quick reply!

When I requested the proof, I also paid for the full order of 300 copies at the same time (receipt# 12622933). Do I still need to do anything else, or will the 300 ship automatically?

• I don't think it matters how many you order. Once they are shipped the button should show up if it's being distributed by lulu.com

• I don't think it matters how many copies you buy. Once they are shipped the button should show. If it's being distributed by lulu.com

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

That is something you will need to take up with Lulu in the morning unless you placed the order through a third-party.

To be honest, I am confused. When I order a proof of a book, I order one copy and receive one copy.

How do you order a proof and 300 additional copies at one time and just get the proof?

enschm2 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I requested the proof, I also paid for the full order of 300 copies at the same time (receipt# 12622933). Do I still need to do anything else, or will the 300 ship automatically?

• What would be the point of ordering a proof copy if you place an order for 300 copies at the same time? You're supposed to review the proof to see that it looks exactly the way you want it to.

I think you need to contact Lulu support.

•  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That's just whatever the website prompted me to do during the ordering process.

It's not that uncommon though but it should be easier to figure out how to proceed from here on out, without having to accidentally place a duplicate order.

• The answers here are correct. You wont see an approve button if the book isn't submitted for distribution.

I see you have a support case open too, so if there's any questions about the order, you can reply through that case to get a direct response from our support team.
  • Skoob_ymSkoob_ym ✭✭✭

While you are logged in, click the "My Projects" link in the upper right corner of your screen.

You will see a blue button that says "My Account and orders." Click that.

You will see a screen listing all of the orders you've placed, showing dates, order numbers, and status.

order history.jpg

Note that you can see the order dates, the products ordered, and the quantity. So, on this screen, you would find the order for the 300 books. If they show as "Fulfilling" then they are still being printed and bound. If they are "Shipped" then you can click "View Order Details" to see the tracking number. Clicking the tracking number will show you the present location of the books. For mine, on the day I check, they usually seem to be in North Salt Lake City....

You will also see a projected date of delivery, which I find to be accurate plus or minus one day.

Hope that helps.