International Books or Selling Abroad

Does anyone know if I need to create a separate paperback (or ebook for that matter) to sell it outside the US?

Thanks--Alan

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

One edition should work for International markets as well, as long as there are readers interested in the content offered.

As an example, if you had versions in English, Spanish, German, and French, then you would need different editions.

ALANSEMAILSPOT wrote:

Does anyone know if I need to create a separate paperback (or ebook for that matter) to sell it outside the US?

Thanks--Alan

• Lulu books are available all over the world.

I am French, I write my books on Tagalog and the Philippines in English because their potential readership is small, and dispersed all over the world.

My other books are in French. None of them so far has been bought in France, but, curiously enough, the first volume of L'onirothèque de Quentin Cumber was simultaneously bought in the UK and the US by two readers in December last year.

Because of the paucity of sales in France, I no longer bother to offer a French version along with an English one as in the case of Koxinga de Taïwan / Koxinga of Taiwan.

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym ✭✭✭

Short answer: No, you don't.

My books have sold in Canada, the UK, Spain, France, Germany and Australia.