REVISION UPLOAD PROBLEM

Hi y'all

I just uploaded a revised edition to an already published work. It was accepted and all that. However, not all the corrections are in the newest copy. The weird part is that the ones that are in it, are in the back of the book toward the end. The copy I downloaded was from Lulu, not from one of the other platforms as I know it takes a number of weeks for those copies to process through. I also rechecked the files on my computer that were used for the upload. It checks out okay. Any ideas? 

Thanks, 

Ari

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

When making a revision you have to upload a doc with the revisions.

The system does not automatically delete the old version.

Try opening the revised project and see if there are two doc files listed.

If so, select the old file and delete it.

Continue stepping through the process and check the end result.

Bang your head on the keyboard then laugh maniacally.

Hope this helps.

AriSongBird wrote:

Hi y'all

I just uploaded a revised edition to an already published work. It was accepted and all that. However, not all the corrections are in the newest copy. The weird part is that the ones that are in it, are in the back of the book toward the end. The copy I downloaded was from Lulu, not from one of the other platforms as I know it takes a number of weeks for those copies to process through. I also rechecked the files on my computer that were used for the upload. It checks out okay. Any ideas? 

Thanks, 

Ari

• Okay... I'll give that a try though it only shows up with one copy and its noted as revision 2... HOWEVER, I could do the process all over again and keep an eye out for the two files... Anyway, I like the bangin' my head on the keyboard part--makes me feel like a mad genius. -Smiley Happy

Thx,

Ari

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

I remember doing a revision a couple three years ago and wondered why the resulting file had blown up in size, hence the check for the old version being part of it.

I've banged my head on the keyboard and laughed like a maniac many times -- the Wife is used ot it but the wildlife tends to run...

AriSongBird wrote:

Okay... I'll give that a try though it only shows up with one copy and its noted as revision 2... HOWEVER, I could do the process all over again and keep an eye out for the two files... Anyway, I like the bangin' my head on the keyboard part--makes me feel like a mad genius. -Smiley Happy

Thx,

Ari