Cover Element, WIP

SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

It looks like I have to learn even more. My skills at doing graphics suck vacuum.

Not certain an android cover element I did looks believable.

Android1a.png

Comments

• I think it's pretty cool! The costume is particularly nice.

One thing to be very careful about when using programs like MakeHuman, Poser, etc. is to avoid what Lousybookcovers.com calls "pseudohumans." These are the figures that haven't quite crawled out of the uncanny valley far enough. One way to avoid this is to introduce imperfections and---especially---asymmetry. This is particularly important in creating faces.

The proportions of your figure look pretty nice...but always double-check them---and take special care about how joints look. This is an area where computer-generated figures often go awry.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

I'll likely check that next week after Wife is back at work -- got a bit of a diatribe this afternoon about my 'work'.

Bilateral symmetry isn't quite as symmetrical as people think.

One cheek, one eye, one shoulder slightly higher or lower than the other. One foot and one hand slightly off as well.

Ron Miller wrote:

I think it's pretty cool! The costume is particularly nice.

One thing to be very careful about when using programs like MakeHuman, Poser, etc. is to avoid what Lousybookcovers.com calls "pseudohumans." These are the figures that haven't quite crawled out of the uncanny valley far enough. One way to avoid this is to introduce imperfections and---especially---asymmetry. This is particularly important in creating faces.

The proportions of your figure look pretty nice...but always double-check them---and take special care about how joints look. This is an area where computer-generated figures often go awry.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

I need to do some more work, but hopefully this gives the general impression of female androids off the assembly line waiting to be called.

Figuring out the program used to make clothes will be the fun part.

AndroidalX2Topa.png