Faith & Knowledge just hit the stores, but how to promote?

What can I do to get people to see it?

Also I really wanted it as a Christian book, because that's  what it truly is, but I chose Self-improvement 

Can I get the Christian community to know about the book>?

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

If there is a Christian-based forum on the Internet (and I have no doubt there is at least one somewhere), you might try joining and mentioning your book there.

As for making it possible for people to see your book, there's an entire thread dedicated to Marketing and Promotion, as well as Shameless Promotion.

Tpshaun wrote:

Also I really wanted it as a Christian book, because that's  what it truly is, but I chose Self-improvement 

• One thing I've learned is that putting key search words in your title or subtitle really help when someone searchs for your book on Amazon. You can make an Author Central page from Amazon and ask support to add five search phrases that people might look for concerning what your book is about. Making what is called Unboxing videos on Youtube showing your book and maybe a short discussion on what it's about. Adding a link to where to buy it below the video can help. That's about all I've done without having to use a paid service. Using the key words in the title will help a lot in my opinion. Since we are not famous writers we can't be found by our name at least not yet. People searching for faith might find your book but it depends on how many more books have that word in the title to what page your book show up. Using Kung fu books, one of my books shows up on the first search mostly. As the sales go up it moves up the line some. I'm sure others here might have some more input on what to do. Good luck!

• There must be over a million books about faith out there. To get any attention your book will need to be good. That's the bottom line. It will be competing with all the other books about faith even before it begins to compete against other categories. I'm talking about books written by theologians, university professors, skilled wordsmiths, etc. etc.

You could try telling members of your church about it. If it is good they might tell others. If it isn't, it will sink.

• Tpshaun a écrit :

For a start, send a circular letter to all the vicars of your area, asking them to post an advertisement of your book on the small-add panel of their churches.

Take part to church fêtes, and put up some copies for sale with a big smile. Give 10% of your income to the church who allowed you in.

Sometimes, give away a rosary to the first buyer.

Give a wrapped sweet / candy to every buyer. If the buyer is accompanied by kids, give also a sweet to each of them.