iBookstore Distribution

Hello

Any updates on when the iBookstore distribution issue will be resolved? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• Last update I had was that our engineers were working on it, but they haven't found a solution to the problem yet.
  • Ah... this would likely answer my question as well. It's been over a month since my novel was published and has shown up pretty much with everyone but iBooks. I take it then there is an issue for new books getting listed?

• Yes, something about how we send and they receive the files I believe.

We're working on a way to resolve this with them, but sadly I don't have a definite timeline for when we'll be back up and running with the iBookstore.
  • I have the same issue. My book has been published since May 25th and is everywhere except iBookstore. Are there any updates as of yet? I get most of my sales from iBooks.
  • Our technicians are working on this currently. They had hoped to push out the fix today, but a few additional problems arose in testing.
    We're looking toward the end of next week or early the week after to get the iBookstore connection fixed.
  • SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

And the 4th of July is next week.

• I understand that eBooks may be a low priority for Lulu, but for authors who only publish eBooks, the iBookstore is an important distribution outlet and source of income. This has been a problem for nearly two months. It's time for the A-team.

I've done System Support, including troubleshooting and diagnosis. Add on being go-between between English and Japanese speakers.

Simply put, different teams working for different companies to fix an interface problem takes time. The A-Team is likely already boots on the ground.

jacquelinef123 wrote:

I understand that eBooks may be a low priority for Lulu, but for authors who only publish eBooks, the iBookstore is an important distribution outlet and source of income. This has been a problem for nearly two months. It's time for the A-team.

• Apple changes something.
    Lulu learns about it after the change.

Lulu fixes the problem.

It's happened in the past. It will probably happen again, but it was broken for 4 weeks before anyone noticed. So the extra delay is just adding frustration - especially if you are writing for the summer vacation audience.

I'm sure if everyone at Lulu is focused on it, the problem will be resolved shortly.

In the meantime, Paul will keep us updated.

tick, tick, tick....

The Support Team has dedicated professionals.

Back when I had to personally answer calls, I smiled kind of like the third guy in order to reassure my customers while they waited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpNDUwU-4fY

aka_Glenn wrote:

Apple changes something.
    Lulu learns about it after the change.

Lulu fixes the problem.

It's happened in the past. It will probably happen again, but it was broken for 4 weeks before anyone noticed. So the extra delay is just adding frustration - especially if you are writing for the summer vacation audience.

I'm sure if everyone at Lulu is focused on it, the problem will be resolved shortly.

In the meantime, Paul will keep us updated.

tick, tick, tick....

• I worked at Lulu for 5 years.

I know they are dedicated professionals.

Hence my previous, encouraging post.

Nice to see you again Sphinx.

Hey Glenn,

I was, otherwise occupied for a long while. I kind of had to step back into some roles I'd thought I'd left behind years ago, and while it's nice to know I'm old but not yet obsolete, it's good to be getting back into my avocation.

I was a dedicated professional myself once upon a time, even if I normally appeared rather dour or grim. I took my duties very seriously.

My comment about my smile resembling a terminator's is fairly accurate. I crack the princesses up when I smile, but other people tend to get nervous for some strange reason.

Good to see you again as well. I hope things are going well for you.

aka_Glenn wrote:

I worked at Lulu for 5 years.

I know they are dedicated professionals.

Hence my previous, encouraging post.

Nice to see you again Sphinx.

• Quick Update - our developers are butting their heads against the cause of the problem (a transponder I'm told) and continue to run into problems correcting the issue.

We're looking today (Friday July 7) at the option of attempting to manually send all pending titles to iBooks, to see if we can circumvent the broader problem for the time being.

I know this has been slow going to get the problem solved, and I've been doing my best to annoy our developers on everyone's behalf. I hope to have an update with more positive news very soon.

Manual operations (send / import) may be tedious, but they do tend to work. I still have a teeshirt somewhere.

Paul_Lulu wrote:
    Quick Update - our developers are butting their heads against the cause of the problem (a transponder I'm told) and continue to run into problems correcting the issue.

We're looking today (Friday July 7) at the option of attempting to manually send all pending titles to iBooks, to see if we can circumvent the broader problem for the time being.

I know this has been slow going to get the problem solved, and I've been doing my best to annoy our developers on everyone's behalf. I hope to have an update with more positive news very soon.

• Hey all,

We have confirmation this morning that we have begun sending content to iBookstore again. The content will need to roll through Apple's process still, so ebooks submitted may not appear immediately, but on our end they are getting to Apple for review. I can confirm at this point that all pending content has been sent to Apple.

I apologize again for the long delay in getting this repaired, and thank you all for your patience.

If anyone runs into any problems with iBookstore going forward, be sure to contact us.