We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Allowed formatting in ebooks

Hello again!

I have been reading through Lulu's guides on eBooks using Word (all of which are super helpful!) and following them as I move through the formatting process. I also have been searching the forums here for some tips.

Still, I have a rather general question followed by a specific one.

What paragraph formatting (other than bold and italics) come through in the ePub format?

For example, lets say I create a new paragraph style, "blockquote" for example, and have it indent from the left side of the page half an inch as well as be 10 point instead of 12. Specifically: Will the left indent come through in the epub or is that stripped out in the conversion?

I am working on a cookbook and thinking of ways I can visually differenitiate different sections (ingredients, directions, notes, etc.).

Thanks everyone!

PS: thanks again to the veteran Lulu publishers on these forums. You have been tremendously helpful!

Comments

• wildwindwildwind Publisher

I have just looked at several Kindle epubs and can see the following:

italics

bold

indentation

different font sizes

You should be able to format a cook book with these, for example ingredients in bold, instructions is regular font and notes in italics. Indentation is probably best left for indicating new chapters in fiction; it doesn't look very nice when combined with lots of white space.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

You can create your own Quick styles. All your formatting will be preserved. Just make sure that your Normal text is Normal style.

A citizen of the world.

• Thanks for the tips you two!