Cant seem to edit front or back cover

Cant seem to edit front or back cover, is there guidance somewhere on how to do this?

Comments

• First are you using the wizard in the book creation process? If so just go to my projects click on revise and just keep clicking next until you get to the cover part. Double click on the text of either cover and it will expand and be editable.

• Hello,

If you want to edit anything displayed on the front cover or the spine by Lulu, enter the window of the text, and edit it with the tools that appear in the bar above the window.

If you mean the picture of your front cover, it has to be created on your computer before you upload it to Lulu. Once uploaded, you can delete it, but you can't change it.

If you mean the background colour of your cover -- well, you have plenty offered if you click on the front, spine, and back icons on the left of the general tool bar.

• Does this mean you can only edit the front and back cover by using the wizard? I am creating a new heavily revised edition of a book I published before on Lulu. I wanted to download the front and back cover image (uploaded for the first edition) to my computer and make changes before uploading again in the process of revising. Is this not possible?

Another complication. Since I am heavily revising the book, the new edition will require a new ISBN and therefore must be a new project (not simply a revised version of the old project). But if I start it as a new project, how do I transfer over the front and back cover I used in the first edition? This is why I think I need to download the covers from the first edition, alter them and then upload to the new project. Am i right?

• nickgriffiths a écrit :

Does this mean you can only edit the front and back cover by using the wizard?

You can edit the front cover, the spine and the back cover.

I am creating a new heavily revised edition of a book I published before on Lulu. I wanted to download the front and back cover image (uploaded for the first edition) to my computer and make changes before uploading again in the process of revising. Is this not possible?

Obviously you have lost your original pictures.

1) Go to your project and download the PDF of the whole cover of the first edition.

2) On your computer, make screen captures of the front cover and the back cover (in JPEG) separately, from the display enlarged as much as possible.

3) Edit each picture with Photoshop to obtain what you want.

4) When your create the cover of the new edition upload the two edited pictures

Since I am heavily revising the book, the new edition will require a new ISBN.

If you accept the free Lulu ISBN for your new edition, it will be automatically added to your back cover. So you don't have to bother about that.

All your have to remember is that the new ISBN shall have to be entered in your copyright page in your word-processor file, before you convert the whole file to PDF in order to upload it to your project. In other words, you 'll have to make a pause after you are given the ISBN, or even leave Lulu, and log in again once everything is ready.