We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Pagination disappears in Lulu upload

I worked on this all day yesterday, with no results. I format my text, with pagination in footer. But the pagination gets lost when I upload to Lulu, or, when I try to create pdf before uploading. Any clues? Thanks! 

Comments

• If you're uploading a Word file for EPUB conversion, our system will strip the pagination out (as these files do not have pages).
    For a PDF ebook, the PDF file should retain the page numbering. If it is not, I have to guess some setting for your Footer is incorrect and the numbering is being hidden when you convert.
  • Thank you for pagination feedback. My footer in Word Air seems ok, but maybe I should try another word processor? Which one(s) is compatible with Lulu? My file is ready to go, but I want the page numbers to show! Thank you!

• I'm not that familiar with Word Air, but we recommend MS Word or Libre Office for creating your files.

If Word Air is converting to a PDF and the page numbers are being removed, there must be some setting in Word Air that is causing this.