We had to make changes.

Hi. I have checked my file many times for errors everything ok. I upload my file when the file is uploaded I get a message, ''Uploading successful but we needed to make some changes.''.I fix the errors, upload again to find new errors. So I edit again only to find after uploading, the same message and ew errors. What is happening what am I doing wrong?. Errors include,  text indents, page numbers text slipping down on to next page.Anyone help, please. My pages are set to the correct book size. A5.

Comments

• How are you submitting your manuscript to Lulu? If you are submitting  a Word document I would suggest that you make a PDF (doPDF is available free to use and works very well) and submit that instead as, usually, what you see on the PDF is exactly how the book will look.

If you have not been submitting a PDF remember that when you print to PDF you will need to set the PDF size to A5 too.

• What type of document are you uploading and for which medium? Is it a doc or docx for an ebook?

I received the same message once when uploading an odt file for an ebook. I did nothing, as the message reads ''Uploading successful but we needed to make some changes.'' The ebook turned out fine.

For your text indents, are you using first line indent and tabs? If you're using the spacebar that will cause problems. Page numbers dropping to the next page sounds like a margin or footer formatting issue.

• Thank you so much. I've just realized the problem. My file after editing can be perfect, but after uploading as a PDF to Lulu, the converter changes things and creates some rerrors that need rectifying. Hence the'' We had to make changes message.'' Even when it set A5. No wonder the procees of producing a book can be so confusing and complicated. As a beginner and novice it canbe bewildering. We just need to keep on until we get things right. The forum is ecellent for gaining knowledge, and fellow authors sso supportive. I appreciate your support. Take care. Moog.

• danielblue wrote:

How are you submitting your manuscript to Lulu? If you are submitting  a Word document I would suggest that you make a PDF (doPDF is available free to use and works very well) and submit that instead as, usually, what you see on the PDF is exactly how the book will look.

If you have not been submitting a PDF remember that when you print to PDF you will need to set the PDF size to A5 too.

danielblue wrote:

How are you submitting your manuscript to Lulu? If you are submitting  a Word document I would suggest that you make a PDF (doPDF is available free to use and works very well) and submit that instead as, usually, what you see on the PDF is exactly how the book will look.

Thank you so much. I've just realized the problem. My file after editing can be perfect, but after uploading as a PDF to Lulu, the converter changes things and creates some rerrors that need rectifying. Hence the'' We had to make changes message.'' Even when it set A5. No wonder the procees of producing a book can be so confusing and complicated. As a beginner and novice it canbe bewildering. We just need to keep on until we get things right. The forum is ecellent for gaining knowledge, and fellow authors sso supportive. I appreciate your support. Take care. Moog.

• Thank you H J. Your right.Problem solved. much appreciated.best wishes. Moog.`