Changes after global distribution/book approved?

I've been waiting for several days for Lulu to answer this; perhaps I can get an assist in this forum.

Simple question:  Possible to chage the interior of my print book AFTER it has been released (and in fact already beginning to be listed on Amazon, etc.)?  I'm not talking about content, which is fine as is.  But, the interior was changed to b&w, when it should be color.

For some reason, on my last revision of the book before I released it to global distribution, Lulu re-set the default to black and white for the interior of the book, and my previous revisions had all been color (vital to the content, due to the color photos).

Now, the version that is appearing in the bookstores is wrong.  The ISBN (which I purchased) has been set, and the book is out in the open.  IS IT POSSIBLE NOW to change the interior of the book from b&w to color?  

It doesn't appear to be.  I've tried to revise, and it won't let me change that setting.  Looks like I'll have to re-release the book with a new ISBN (which I've done in the interim, though I havent "approved" it yet).  

Thanks for the assist

B. Elwin Sherman

Comments

• Was the proof you recieved in color? If it was and the one being listed for sale is in black and white then that is a support issue. I'd wait to hear from them. Did you make sure during the revision process to click on the color option? If your ISBN refers to a full color book then I don't see why you can't revise the book making sure to click color option as long as that is what was recorded in the ISBN. But just in case I'd wait for support. They usually get back to me within 2 days or less. Hopefully they can be more helpful

• To: The Jesus Ninja:

Ah...yes, I must fall on my sword re: the final revision, which I discovered (too late) was printed in b&w.  My fault (I'd done several revisions tweaking text/syntax, etc., and the proof copies were fine, but SOMEHOW, on the last revision, the default for the interior was re-set to b&w.  I didn't notice this, and I released it for distribution.  Now ... it's too late.  

I fault Lulu, in part, for resetting back to default when I did the last revision, but it's also partly my fault for not thoroughly scanning the final proof.  Live & learn.

BTWl, I did hear from Lulu, affirming/confirming what you've said, so all is ... what is is.

Thanks for the acknowledgment.  Much appreciated.

Best,

B. Elwin Sherman

• Glad you at least got an answer. Don't feel bad, I just mispelled a word on my latest book title and sent it out. It is correct in another meaning but not the one I meant so it passed anyway. It pays to double check during the wizard on everything just as in proof reading.We all make mistakes. But we get better as time goes on. One thing I did learn is that a 35 page kindle written in a couple of hours will outsell my 120 page book I spent a year writing. Go figure Smiley Happy

• I doubt Lulu switched from colour to B&W by itself because it's an automaton. When you launched the last revision, you must have inadvertantly opted for B&W.  Also, weren't you surprised at the change to a lower price when  you ordered your proof?

• How did you solve the revision problem? There were typos I made and I'd like to correct them, but the ebook has already been published.
  • For a couple of corrections just delete the current file and upload the new one, then buy a copy and approve the book for Global Distribution if you are satisfied with it.

For a lot of corrections and changes, just delete/withdraw/retire the project, and create a new one.