We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Turnaround time for hardcover?

I'm close to getting my book ready for print (I just need to finish the cover at this point), and it occurs to me I may want to make this available in a hardcover version as well.

This book will be 8.5 x 11 in softcover by default, and I have no plans to try and deal with places like Amazon - they will be available for order through Lulu only (but may make arrangements to have a few copies placed for distribution from one bookshop).

What is the turnaround time for hardcover compared to similarly sized softcover volumes (the two proofs I have ordered have taken about one week each - half for printing, half for transit, looks like).

Would I be able to reuse the existing cover / inside PDFs for the softcover or am I better off tooling up to produce a separate hardcover edition?

Comments