Author initial missing from author name on lulu

The publishing wizard start-up had no designation for middle initial of author so I left it out. The book and my isbn has the middle initial (My own isbns). How do I correct the Lulu bookstore entry and my project to add my middle initial?

Comments

• I use the first box like this Rick A.  and then the second box Wilcox. That way you can get all three in the wizard. So just type first name and initial and then put last name in the second box. Make sure it looks ok in the wizard before getting a proof.

• You forget that title, isbn and author cannot be changed.

• And I already published.

• Not sure how it would have passed. But if it's your own ISBN then you should be able to just revise the project, correct the name and republish.Buy another proof and ok it.  It will match the info you added to the ISBN.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

When you start a project with Lulu, you've got to enter your full author's name in the slot for it, e.g. (mine) Jean-Paul G. POTET. Lulu will print it on the front cover and the spine exactly as you have entered it, unless you modify the cover.

If your middle initial is missing, it's because you haven't written your name in full as indicated above.

The only solution is to start a new project for the same book, with a new ISBN, and to delete the current version.

• I took the path of doing my one one page cover, my isbn, my own uploaded pdf, and will get my first proof in a couple days. The issue is that lulu has NO place for a middle intial when you create a project. Therefore, it was left out on the creation page.  So, other than the sale of the book on the lulu bookstore, everything is fine, except what the public sees as my name as the author of my book, that is, the middle initial on the book, but the ONE reference to my name on the place where it appears as a product on lulu. Seems to me, that this could have been avoided by making a place for middle initial in the first place, or putting in a warning that if you are using a middle initial you must include that in the first name space. 

• potetjppotetjp Professor

nancetho a écrit :

I took the path of doing my one one page cover, my isbn, my own uploaded pdf, and will get my first proof in a couple days. The issue is that lulu has NO place for a middle intial when you create a project. Therefore, it was left out on the creation page.  So, other than the sale of the book on the lulu bookstore, everything is fine, except what the public sees as my name as the author of my book, that is, the middle initial on the book, but the ONE reference to my name on the place where it appears as a product on lulu. Seems to me, that this could have been avoided by making a place for middle initial in the first place, or putting in a warning that if you are using a middle initial you must include that in the first name space. 

Sorry. You are right; there is no slot for the middle name. I never paid attention to that as, in my mind, all forenames go together in the left slot, while the surname goes in the right slot, except for Chinese and Japanese that have the surname first when written in the proper order, e.g. MISHIMA Yukiyo. Probably this division in three slots you expected would be a source of confusion for many people in so far as some would assume the second is for the surname, and the third for the title, e.g. Alan STONE, Ph.D.