Large Hardcover format for retail distribution

Hi,

Looking through my choices, I get the impression that the only hardcover formats allowed for external distribution are 6 x 9. Why are the larger formats (8.25 x 10.75, etc) not allowed for external distribution, although they can be printed? I need to stick a ISBN to a large hardcover book.

Large hardcovers are definitely available for sale, in general. Most textbooks are large page hardcovers.

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm going to guess that the answer is that the distribution agencies won't accept any size except 6x9 from Lulu, i.e its outside Lulu's control.

You can buy your own ISBN and add that  ISBN to the size you want and distribure it yourself by taking to to bookshops and selling it yourself on Amazon.as an Amazon marketplace trader.

But many bookshops require large discounts from cover  price, and credit, and sale-or-return terms that make it difficult under POD

• I wish hardbound would be available for Crown Quarto because mine, after using them a lot over a couple of years get many of their pages unstuck.