Does Anyone at Lulu Read My Book During the Printing Process?

I'm a happy Lulu customer, having done a short run of a book I wrote to give as gifts for friends and family. 

I'd now like to turn my private journal into a hardcover book. But I'd like to keep the contents entirely private. I know I can keep the book from showing up to Lulu shoppers. But I'd also like to make sure not even the folks as Lulu read it while turning it from electronic form into a hardcover book.

I know Lulu probably can't or won't guarantee that nobody will read it during publishing. But does anyone know from a pragmatic perspective how likely it is someone at Lulu will flip through the book (or PDF) and read about all the sordid details of my life? :-)

I guess what I'm asking is:

Is the paper book creation process almost fully automated, or are there several manual steps along the way in which Lulu employees (or subcontractors) are likely to read at least parts of the text? 

Thanks!

Comments

• I was told that lulu does not read our work. I'm sure that with all the orders they wouldn't have time too. I'm sure the printers don't either.

• TheJesusNinja is correct. We do not read or review your contents. If you place the book in Private Access while publishing it will never appear on the bookstore either, and will only be available to you from your Lulu Account.
  • If your book is to be so private as all that, why not just print out one copy for yourself (almost all desktop printers will do two-sided printing) and get it bound in hardcover? There are a great many book binders who will do this for you (you can find them online). Most large cities will have a professional book binder/book restorer...especially cities with a large university since many graduate students will get their theses bound this way.

If you plan to create more than one copy (perhaps for friends and family), then it hardly makes any difference. No matter how much you may trust these people as soon as multiple copies of your journal are available there is always the danger of one getting out into the world.

• dpomerleau a écrit :

I know Lulu probably can't or won't guarantee that nobody will read it during publishing. But does anyone know from a pragmatic perspective how likely it is someone at Lulu will flip through the book (or PDF) and read about all the sordid details of my life? :-)

Smiley Very Happy Unfortunately nobody will! But do ask a friend to do it!

I once gave a copy of L'Onirothèque de Quentin Cumber, Volume 1 to a former colleague who is an amateur psychoanalyst. He found things I had never thought of. He blurted out critics swinging from indignation to stupefaction. Listening to him made my day. I wished I had had champagne to thank him.