Publishing an eBook in Spanish

I’m a writer from Argentina and I have look for this information on this page but all posts are very old (more than 4 years).

So this is my question:

Can I publish my eBooks in Spanish?

I have then on Amazon without any problem but would like to publish them again from Lulu.

Thank you very much

Martin

Comments

• It depends on what type of e-book you mean. PDF or ePub?

PDFs, not being able to have Lulu ISBNs and Distribution, can be published in Klingon if you wish, but ePubs can have Lulu  ISBNs and Distribution, but I think that Apple, for one place, only allow books in English from Lulu.

If you already have them on Amazon for Kindle then when you are creating an ePub here make sure you deselect the Amazon option in Manage (Distribution) on your My Projects section.

• Thank you very much for the answer.
    I would like to change from Amazon to Lulu. should i delete my books on Amazon first.?
  • No. Don't delete your books on Amazon. When you publish on Lulu

you will be able to select which channels you would like to publish through.

Simply deselect Amazon, or don't select it in the first place, as the case may be.

Buena suerte!

• I published print books and ePubs via Lulu.

At one time Lulu did not distribute ePubs to Amazon because ebooks on Amazon are not ePubs.

But then Lulu did send ePubs to Amazon via Ingrams (I think) and they converted to Kindle and placed them on to Amazon.

The first converted one of mine that I saw removed the TOC! (Actually against Amazon's own rule that they should have one!) So I stopped ticking the Amazon Dist option in Lulu's Manage and publish e-books directly to Amazon via KDP and use Lulu for everywhere else.

As Dan says, just don't use the Amazon Distribution option in Manage and leave your KDP ones on Amazon.

• Hi,

Thank you very much for answering.

There is no way to distribute spanish ebooks on Amazon, BN, etc. through Lulu.

Neither as Epub nor pdf.

My problem is that Amazon do not pay via paypal, only checks and i have a cost of $50.- to cash each check.

Paypal should be less costly.

Thanks

Martin