Transferring 11 books (my own ISBNs) to another POD distributor

Hello, I am in the process of changing distributors for my small press. Several of our older titles are still in Global Distribution via the Lulu POD network. I need to transfer these files to Lightning Source, the POD distibutor doing our newer books, so our look, channels, discounts and returns policy are consistent across our entire catalog.

Lightning Source initiated this transfer process on their end two weeks ago, but say they have not received any response from Lulu. They suggest that I try to expedite on this end. 

As I said, the ISBNs are owned by the press, and I do not want to purchase new ones, which is why I opted not to retire the books here and redo the setups from scratch here. I cannot find any way to contact an account rep to answer this unusual question, so I am posting here in hopes that someone can direct me. 

Thank you! 

Shanna Compton
Bloof Books

PS: There are 11 titles in all, by various authors, under our account. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/bloofbooks 

Comments

• Strange that, because I think that Lightening Source actually print books for Lulu in the UK.

But you are best asking Lulu by Support.

http://www.lulu.com/support

Note that the books created via Lulu even when Withdrawn, could still be listed forever  on sites such as Amazon as Unavailable, but many 3rd party retailers boasting they have 100s in stock. Lulu may be able to sort the former out but not the latter.  The files you used at Lulu to create the books will also remain in your My Projects My files, perhaps even if you close the account.

Only Lulu can really answer these questions, and this is a user forum.

• Yes, thank you. I have also asked Support for assistance—twice. I am having a hard time getting anyone to respond.

Apparently when the files are transferred Lightning Source and Lulu work out the distribution kinks between them and Amazon et al. automatically switch over to the Lightning Source files. The process is supposed to be seamless. The main difference is that they will no longer appear in the Lulu.com store (which our customers don't really shop anyway). 

If any User has had such an issue before and has a direct contact that is not simply the Support email form, that would be wonderful to know. 

• bloofbooks wrote:

Yes, thank you. I have also asked Support for assistance—twice. I am having a hard time getting anyone to respond.

Lulu staff do not work weekends and only office hours during the week, and of course they don't have the same staff levels of companies such as Amazon. Give them time, you are not their only customer.

Apparently when the files are transferred Lightning Source and Lulu work out the distribution kinks between them and Amazon et al. automatically switch over to the Lightning Source files. The process is supposed to be seamless. The main difference is that they will no longer appear in the Lulu.com store (which our customers don't really shop anyway). 

If any User has had such an issue before and has a direct contact that is not simply the Support email form, that would be wonderful to know.

I have not heard anyone mention such before, and most Lulu users use Lulu ISBNs.