Available designer to review/spot-check my files for print?

Hi,

I posted this last week, but the contact I was given never got back to me.

I've been working on my book layout in InDesign, and I believe that I have it ready for print...But I want to make sure that I've got everything right. I'm not entirely convinced that my file is ready to be exported as a PDF. To any of those experienced designers who have set up files for print for Lulu, would anyone be able to take a quick look at my file, spot-checking it to make sure that it looks good? I don't need anyone to do extensive revisions or proofreading, just a quick review before I submit my file.

Much thanks!

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Why not export your file to PDF and then see if the PDF looks how you

would expect the finished product to look? If it does, you are good to go.

If not, you go back to the drawing board.

You have to remember publishing through Lulu comes in two basic flavours.

The first is that you pay Lulu to do all the formatting for you and the second

is that you do everything yourself.

You cold try looking on fiverr.com to see if anyone is offering the service

you require.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I posted this last week, but the contact I was given never got back to me.

That is strange, because the contact posts in these forums daily.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• In longer books I like to make the pdf and let it read to me in Windows while I read it. Great for proof reading.

Until it comes across words it does not know.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Yeah, I don't know...maybe they weren't interested? Anyway, still on the search for someone to check out my files. Much thanks for the reply!

What exactly do you think may be wrong with your file?

• It's full-bleed and I want to make sure that the bleeds, and in particular, the gutter is set up correctly.

Full bleed is fully edge to edge, so there will be no Gutter and often no margins to add a Gutter to. Normally to achieve it at the bound edge is to make both pages larger than they need to be. By around 0.25 of an inch I think, and to adjust an image in to slightly more than exact halves where they are to meet, but it's all there in Lulu's guides.

The best way to test it is create the book and take a look at a printed Proof.