So...you can't have a time as a title in Ebooks?

I'm trying to publish an ebook version of a print book I want to put out, only, I'm stalled at the door it seems. When I try to put in the title - Three A.M. -- I get a message saying the title doesn't meet Capitalization requirements. I've tried putting it in about a million different ways but the only thing that works is to retitle my book "Three"...which isn't the name of the book.  Any ideas on this one?

Comments

• So, have you tried Three a.m.? 3:00 a.m.?

Can you just click on continue and see if it's accepted?

I just tested it on the following link and I think your way is correct: Three A.M.

http://capitalizemytitle.com/

• Unfortunately Lulu will only accept Three Am.

It will not accept A.M., AM or am.

• Booooo. Eh, well. I like print books better anyways.

• This sort of thing is why I will not do ebooks. A printer/distributor should have no say regarding a book's contents, layout or design...starting with the title.

Several of e e cummings' books could not be published under the rules applied to ebooks. There are scores of other classic works that would have to have had their titles arbitrarily changed.

• Hello OpheliaC

Send it through as 3:00 AM - the human checker will approve it.

The computer checker isn't that smart, but you would be surprised at how many fewer rejections we have since it was implemented.

• Glenn_Lulu wrote:

Hello OpheliaC

Send it through as 3:00 AM - the human checker will approve it.

The computer checker isn't that smart, but you would be surprised at how many fewer rejections we have since it was implemented.

Way better, apparently, than a human inspector.

• But I would have thought it would only get as far as a human checker if it can get beyond the Project's software? And that does follow the strange rules and rejects stuff

I don't fully understand those rules because the other thing it says is that the Metadata has to match, so if it does match, why can any title configuration not pass?

I also see many e-books (ePubs included) on the sites Lulu send to that would apparently reject Lulu created ePubs that do not follow the rules applied here.

• The software only warns you that the title does not comply with metadata capitalization rules.

It does not stop you from progressing to the next step.

If you do not plan to distribute an ebook beyond the Lulu bookstore, the metadata and distribution requirements do not apply. Hence a warning, rather than a fatal error.

• Glenn_Lulu wrote:

The software only warns you that the title does not comply with metadata capitalization rules.

It does not stop you from progressing to the next step.

That is true. It allows you to fully complete the Project then email you with any faults stopping it. Usually in a way that assume one knows exactly how an ePub file works. That's what I recall anyway!

If you do not plan to distribute an ebook beyond the Lulu bookstore, the metadata and distribution requirements do not apply. Hence a warning, rather than a fatal error.

Dist requirements may not do, but I thought that at least the metadata has to match throughout so that an ePub will actually work? I am sure you know that an ePub is actually a program and not just a file of pages.

• Okay!  I will try that. Thanks!