We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

I used template uploaded in pdf- it says Print file created- but if I download I get blackscreen?

thanks but PLEASE DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS FOR NOW

I am trying something else that seems to be working thanks- will advise

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This is one I have been working on for hours- I have tried using new templates and then cutting and pasting everything in again.. no joy.

Strange though if I just use the odt file, (before I convert to pdf) the system accepts it and lets me download the print ready ok.. but the spacing is off in some of the formatting and I obviously cant adjust it..

Both the main odt file I create and the pdf (I exported) look fine the issue is when I upload.

I even tried deleting all the formatting.. in case there was an error in it - same problem. 

I think its gonna be a nightmare for me? 

I used open office to create the file and did one for another book which all went fine?

I dont know what else to do other than ask I guess if someone could take the text of my book and save it in a format so I can upload it without getting the  blackscreen error? 

Maybe Lulu could help directly?

Is this a known prob please? thanks for any advice

Comments