Grammaire du philippin

Comments

• Yes, I do.

• Is it about fish or fishing?

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym ✭✭✭
    C'est un dictionaire, n'est-ce pas?

I like the cover. It does not immediately express linguistic content. But the title says it. And the art is very suggestive of the Philippine Islands.
  • Thanks

• kevinlomas a écrit :

Is it about fish or fishing?

I was sure you'd say that. No, it's not a book on angling. It's a grammar book.  Smiley LOL

• Skoob_Ym a écrit :
    C'est un dictionaire, n'est-ce pas?

I like the cover. It does not immediately express linguistic content. But the title says it. And the art is very suggestive of the Philippine Islands.

No, it's a grammar book.The first big grammar of Tagalog/Filipino written in French.

The fish is the lapu-lapo, the national fish of the Philippines. The hook is the inverted question mark that was used at the beginning of questions in Spanish.

I am still wondering if the Philippines were actually caught hook, line and sinker by the Spanish system or if they just nimbled at the bait until no more was left, and then swam away.

The idea of this cover is just to catch attention.

• I was sure you'd say that. No, it's not a book on angling. It's a grammar book

It's a book cover, and as I am sure Ron will say, first impressions count ...

Would you put a fish on a book entitled Carpe diem?  Smiley Tongue

• Skoob_ymSkoob_ym ✭✭✭

kevinlomas wrote:

I was sure you'd say that. No, it's not a book on angling. It's a grammar book

It's a book cover, and as I am sure Ron will say, first impressions count ...

Would you put a fish on a book entitled Carpe diem?  Smiley Tongue

If one were to show a carp and a dime, one might express Carpe diem.... Smiley Very Happy

• Nice jokes! Smiley Happy