eBook images?

I wanty inlclude images inside my ebook is there any set format for size, colour and format within the eBook? Must they be black and white? jpeg or a set size?

Thanks a lot. 

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Images and ebooks go together like chalk and cheese. The best advice is to keep them fairly small (jpeg of about 600 x 800 pixels) and expect the unexpected when you look at the finished product. There are some who know what they are doing (myself not being one of them) but if you are just inserting the images into Word and then getting your document converted to an epub you are likely to be disappointed. You can use colour images but obviously people will only see them as such if they use a tablet.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

They can be very troublesome.

This is what Lulu says >>  

Images

Blurry images are one of the most common rejection reasons from our retail distribution partners. If your document contains images, you may need to make a few adjustments in order for them to convert properly. We accept the most commonly used image formats: JPG, GIF, and PNG.

Images require a delicate balancing act since your image must have a resolution high enough to be clear and crisp, but not so high that it is too large. Try to keep the resolution on your images between 96 - 150 DPI. You will also want to keep your image size around 500 x 500 pixels or less. You can adjust image resolution and DPI in any image-editing program.

NOTE: Some retail distribution outlets do not accept images above 2 million pixels. To prevent rejection, we suggest you make adjustments to images prior to conversion to EPUB format.

To add an image to your manuscript:

1. Place your cursor in the location at which you would like your image to appear.
    2. From the toolbar, click Insert > Picture. Be sure you are inserting the image, not linking to it.
    3. The selected image displays in the cursor location.
    4. Click on the image and select Format Image.
    5. Choose the In line with text option.
    6. Click Save.
    7. Click on the image and click Center in the toolbar.

NOTE: The Lulu EPUB Converter automatically formats images as centered, in line with text regardless of the settings you apply prior to conversion.

If you have bother than try Maggie >>>  http://www.custom-book-tique.com/

• Thanks I'lll only use a few