Hrmmm.

I feel obliged to comment on a posting in Shameless.

First of all, the cover does not depict a blond, and that is obvious, so it makes the title pointless.

Think on this. Most blonds are not true blonds (as per that cover) so hair-colour is nothing to do with intelligence. Even red-heads can be thick and some real blonds very intelligent.

But what puzzles me mostly is someone showing up how uneducated/stupid, their wife is. Is that not some form of mental cruelty?

OK, you can now tell me to mind my own business.

Comments

• Did you get a sales report today?

I thought it was supposed to come in the 5th day of the month...

A citizen of the world.

• No sales report today EM. I thought so too. They were closed on the second so I'm assuming not until Monday? I wish it were a little more set so we didn't have to guess. I think they said once it's the fifth business day? But then again I've gotten them on the fifth day of the month so not sure.

Em_Press wrote:

Did you get a sales report today?

I thought it was supposed to come in the 5th day of the month...

• Thanks for responding, JesusNinja. Too bad. I guess Monday it is.

Have a lovely weekend.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Did you mean me at first? I was hoping for a reply to the actual subject.  Smiley Frustrated

• Ok, a reply to your post.

I have been stupid and uneducated and have made ridilulous posts, ridiulous books, with horrific errors. I have made bad covers, terrible typos and I do not feel like telling you to mind your own business because I am still recovering from the last time I did that.

Best I can do.

A citizen of the world.

• I think that most people understand that blonde jokes are just that - jokes. I don't think most people making blonde jokes are really trying to say that blondes are stupid, any more than comments about ginger people are supposed to be taken seriously. Also, I think the word 'blonde' can be used to describe someone who's dyed their hair blonde as well as natural blondes. In fact, I think blonde jokes are aimed more at people who dye their hair blonde rather than natural blondes.

As for mental cruelty, the writer's wife has contributed to the book, so maybe she's OK with it. My wife has been known to say amusing things in a similar vein and she laughs about it as much as I do.

That said, it's not really my kind of thing.

I have been stupid and uneducated and have made ridilulous posts, ridiulous books, with horrific errors.

I assume you no longer do that.

I have made bad covers, terrible typos

Or that, but what was it that got you out of those habits?

and I do not feel like telling you to mind your own business because I am still recovering from the last time I did that.

I can just recall that, but as you having a right rant at a valid point, no? I think I had to have therapy after that.

I think that most people understand that blonde jokes are just that - jokes.

But often collected from many sources, not from just one person, or often even made up.

I don't think most people making blonde jokes are really trying to say that blondes are stupid,

What are they saying then?

any more than comments about ginger people are supposed to be taken seriously.

All that is said about that is that they are ginger, and in the deep past there was a very serious reason for some people looking down on them, which thankfully has mostly been forgotten.

Also, I think the word 'blonde' can be used to describe someone who's dyed their hair blonde as well as natural blondes.

Not really, because that would mean that it is not just blonds who are apparently almost all naturally stupid. It is a very strange stereotype really, and have you noticed there are no blond males jokes along the same lines?

In fact, I think blonde jokes are aimed more at people who dye their hair blonde rather than natural blondes.

Why would you think that? Have you heard of  "do the collars match the cuffs?"  Often the only way to tell if a blond is a real one ...

As for mental cruelty, the writer's wife has contributed to the book, so maybe she's OK with it.

Are you sure she has? Or that it's not just done from the writer's memory? If she has then, no comment.

My wife has been known to say amusing things in a similar vein and she laughs about it as much as I do.

Have you read the Preview? They are more sad than amusing.

That said, it's not really my kind of thing.

Thanks for saying your piece all the same.  Smiley Happy

• I'm sorry Kevin.

Life moves on. The river flows.

A citizen of the world.

Indeed.  Many bridges have passed over water.

• All the rivers run into the sea, and the sea is not full, but the water hastens from whence it came, to return again.

-Solomon of Jerusalem, Ecclesiastes

An amazing old insight, I wonder if he actually knew how it cycles? Not that he really existed.

• The theme in that portion of the book is the repetitive nature of nature, and how it renders all efforts as a "striving after the wind." The sun rises, the sun also sets, and returns again upon its course, water runs into the sea; the eye is not filled with seeing, nor the ear with hearing...

Wonderful book, even if you only read it for literature's sake.

What? you mean the Bible? It's hard to read because it is full of contradictory nonsense, edited and messed around with over the centuries.

No offence. Really.

PS: Many people in the time the OT is supposed to cover believed that if they did not sacrifice something, a goat if a child is not handy, the sun would not rise the next day. I still sacrifice burgers.

• Much good may that do you.