We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Need Help! I accidentally created a Revision to my new book!

Fellow Authors!

I published an e-book and then found a typo in my book description.  I fixed the typo with the "Edit" button and then clicked on the "Create a new Revision" button to try to save my change.  I then went to the "My Projects" page and now see I have a new revision of my e- book, which I really do not want. 

Can I just delete the New Revision?   Will the system revert back to my original copy?

The Lulu Support Team is still on their Christmas Break and won't return until Jan 3rd.   Please reply and tell me how to get back to my Rev 1.   I don't want to have to republish the ebook and generate another ISBN and everything else.

Please Help!!!

Thank you.

R. Allan Worrell

Author:  Father John's Gift

Comments

• Have you purchased and approved your book yet?Because if not then it's not permanent until you do. You can change it all you want to without creating a new isbn where you will have two isbn books with different numbers. Bad move. Don't duplicate your book!

Big trouble! Just change/fix your doc and add the same isbn. Once again, you only need one and even if you already have purchased and approved you can still create a second edition with a new isbn or just correct the original and wait for it to 're-up you're publication on the webpage sales pages like amazon which only takes about three weeks. Just don't duplicate!

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Fellow Authors!

I published an e-book and then found a typo in my book description.  I fixed the typo with the "Edit" button and then clicked on the "Create a new Revision" button to try to save my change. 

If you mean change how it appears on your Spotlight (and other sites) and not in the actual book, then you have done it the right way. Saving the Description's Edit is all you then need to do.

I then went to the "My Projects" page and now see I have a new revision of my e- book, which I really do not want. 

That is because it now thinks you want to Revise the book's actual contents.

Can I just delete the New Revision?   Will the system revert back to my original copy?

Not really. Just go all the way through the Project Wizard just clicking on Continue etc., until the process is complete, then that Draft one will disappear and it will update everywhere.

The Lulu Support Team is still on their Christmas Break and won't return until Jan 3rd.   Please reply and tell me how to get back to my Rev 1.   I don't want to have to republish the ebook and generate another ISBN and everything else.

You are not doing. Draft just indicates you have started (or are Revising) a Project and it is waiting for you to complete the process.

• I only want to change the eBook Description edit, not the contents of the book itself. I could not see any way to save just the ebook description without making a new Revision.

I'm still confused and don't know how to proceed. What will happen if I delete the new Revision? And if I should proceed with the new Revision, how do I do that from My Projects page?

Thanks for your help!
  • Don't delete it. Just edit it the same program that you used to create the darn thing and just resubmit using the resubmit button on your dashboard. Make since? There is no reason to get a new isbn. Just upload your new file and click the red "x" next to the file you no longer need in your document queue. Pretty elementary stuff here.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I only want to change the eBook Description edit, not the contents of the book itself. I could not see any way to save just the ebook description without making a new Revision.

When you click on the book's name in your My Projects list the first page that opens allows you to Edit and Save all that is not within the book. All the options are labeled Edit, but I don't think you get the Save option unless you change something. In this instance you will have to finish the Draft version.

I'm still confused and don't know how to proceed. What will happen if I delete the new Revision? And if I should proceed with the new Revision, how do I do that from My Projects page?

There should be a Draft version of the book listed  because you have clicked Make New Revision. Click that and complete it  as I said in a previous post, then the Draft version will vanish from your list of Projects and the original will update to the changes.