Only ships from North America

I chose Lulu because it has POD that can be shipped from within the EU, meaning I don't get double taxed (in DK if I buy something shipped from US I have to pay sales tax PLUS an 'admin fee' that is often higher than the sales tax)

I have created several books on Lulu just fine and they are sent from within EU but the latest, which I think was created in exactly the same way, from within the UK store, now says 'ONLY SHIPS FROM NORTH AMERICA'.

I have read this may be due to the format, paper, binding etc not being available at the EU sites, but how can I see that BEFORE I start the book production process. What formats ARE possible from within the EU for paperbacks?

Thanks

TJ

Comments

• It could be made plainer and somewhere I think it is, but I think it's just the hardbacks that are only printed in the USA. That all the hardback options start with US could be a clue to that. But the odd thing is, every single option says Global next to Shipping Origin.

• That's a good question. It doesn't specify which sizes are printed in US only.

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Shipping/Shipping-Times-and-Options/ta-p/33707

My assumption is, as Kevin states, only hardcover are printed only in US. The rest are printed everywhere.

Regardless, I don't think you will be charged tax twice. I pay only Canadian tax rate when I order.

A citizen of the world.

• For the UK printers, Kevin is correct that it is primarily the hardcover projects that our UK printers cannot print. If you're making a normal paperback book and seeing the "US Only" shipping information, I would open a support case so we can examine this more closely.