Title and EPUB

Hello folks, it's been a while!
I have just made a new paperback with the title:
"The Diaries of Sir Ernest Satow, 1883-1888:
A Diplomat in Siam, Japan, Britain and Elsewhere"

I am now trying to make Ebooks (PDF and EPUB versions)
and I am not being allowed to use the same title, only
the main part up to the colon. Can someone please tell me
why I can't use the same title as for the paperback book?

Also I have managed to complete the PDF easily enough,
but the EPUB headings look tricky, especially for diaries
which have no chapters as such. Not sure where to start
with this.

Thanks for any help,

Ian

Comments

• Change in Siam to In Siam (capital required) and your title will be accepted. I'm guessing that the quotation marks were only for the purpose of your post in this forum and do not form part of your title as that would prevent you being able to proceed.

As for titles, all you need to do is assign a Heading Style 1 to your book's title and to the first line of your copyright notice and your book will meet distribution partner requirements.

• Thank you, Brambles. 

I must say I find the capitalisation of "in " to "In" curious and it now means that the printed book and ebook

don't agree between them as to what the title really is. I know what I wanted it to be, the title which was accepted

when I made the printed book last week...

• eBooks have stricter requirements for the way the title is entered, including capitalization and punctuation rules that do not apply to print books.
  • Thank you, Paul for your answer, though I don't like the fact that you highlight here.

It seems that any one EPUB seller (eg. Apple, see my more recent post) can object to a title or author info (or maybe something else?) and the whole EPUB is then stopped until the matter is resolved - to the satisfaction, not of the creator but the retailer!

• ianruxton wrote:

Thank you, Paul for your answer, though I don't like the fact that you highlight here.

It seems that any one EPUB seller (eg. Apple, see my more recent post) can object to a title or author info (or maybe something else?) and the whole EPUB is then stopped until the matter is resolved - to the satisfaction, not of the creator but the retailer!

This is exactly why I do not e publish. In the real world of traditional publishing these restrictions simply do not exist.