Stuck On Page 30!

So, I am writing a Fanmade Fictional Book about a show called Supernatural, and the 'Fic is a Dean X Reader 'Fic.... and I'm stuck on page 30 where Dean, Sam, Cas, and the Reader are going to North America (because you live in London, England), and I left off with two Youtubers waving to them, and they go through the metal detecters. Can someone please help me for my next part?!

Comments

• DestielDestiny wrote:

So, I am writing a Fanmade Fictional Book about a show called Supernatural, and the 'Fic is a Dean X Reader 'Fic.... and I'm stuck on page 30 where Dean, Sam, Cas, and the Reader are going to North America (because you live in London, England), and I left off with two Youtubers waving to them, and they go through the metal detecters. Can someone please help me for my next part?!

1. A "Fanmade Fictional Book" --- that's a new one. Since you are suggesting that this is fanfic, you might want to think twice. There can be real copyright issues regarding fanfic that might keep you from ever publishing this anywhere. Even if the producers are OK with this, there are already 115203 Supernatural stories online (according to a Google search), so why (I can't help asking) should there be 115204?

2. I have no idea from your description what you are talking about...and I suspect that even fans of the show might have some trouble. You should post what you have written so far so people can give you some genuinely useful advice.

• With the assumption that your writing is your writing and how it does as it's own literary art form I have no clue. Copyright infringement is indeed an issue I try to avoid because of the morass of legalities.

Write.

Sounds simple but it is the only way to get through your situation. Write anything. Write about the time you were on a bus and the guy in front of you smelled so bad  you almost missed your stop. Write about how the quietness has become so invading you can hear it. Write about how the empty page defies filling. Then after you write a bit, write on your project. Know that you may be writing a chapter so poorly done the editor will send an immediate note to remove it, but get some words out there. Keep the mechanics available for those times when the story isn't flowing as well or simply make an edit run through what you already have.

Or

Start a new project. It is so much easier to write when the story rushes through your head impatiently waiting release. If you do not feel what is happening next it can become very hard to write about it. Know your story before it ever starts living on your page if you can. Keep the mechanics available for those times when the story isn't flowing as well or simply make an edit run through what you already have.

These are just ideas that work for me and I am not exactly the great American author being new to this venture, but the mindset of completing a task I do know.

Hope this helps!

• Since Ron has already covered the potential copyright issue and the question of Fan-fiction...

Breaking writer's block is a creative process. So look for a creative solution.

First, where is the story going? Even if you're writing as a "Pantser" (not recommended, especially not Konig-Pantsers, because they get bogged down easily), you need to have a general idea of how your last page will look. In the last page, if I understand the franchise correctly, the two brothers do something that makes an evil creature die and/or return to whereever it came from. So write that scene.

Then look at where you are in the story on page 30, and look at where you're going to wind up in the last scene, and draw a line from A to B. Then write any scene that happens between A and B. Lather, rinse, repeat. When you've written every scene needed to get from A to B, weld them together, scan for continuity, and edit, edit, edit.

Try editing what you have. I sometimes find that reading back through the story so far will give me ideas... maybe remind me of a thought I've forgotten, or suggest some additional idea that I can work into the story line. I need to have James talk to George. I need to have a scene where Annie chats with Lisabeth about Nick. This isn't clear; I should expand it. And so on.

Try reading books of a similar genre. I'm not suggesting lifting ideas from other writers, but sometimes rreading how someone else advances the plot will give us an idea about a plot point. I read a 1950s murder mystery recently, and it gave me two ideas for a techno-thriller that I'm working on -- not things I'm copying from another book -- that would be wrong -- , but ideas that branched from the other story line.

Reading leads to writing, or it does for me.

As a last resort, lob in a surprise element. You can always suddenly throw in an explosion, a car chase, or some other surprise. But I don't recommend it, especially if it doesn't get you from point A to point B.

Specifically: I'm assuming that the youtubers called the brothers and got them to fly to North America. So why did the You tubers call them? The next plot point is probably for the you tubers to show them -- a video, maybe?

(But what's the endgame? Always play to the endgame!)

• So, I am writing a Fanmade Fictional Book about a show called Supernatural, and the 'Fic is a Dean X Reader 'Fic.... and I'm stuck on page 30 where Dean, Sam, Cas, and the Reader are going to North America (because you live in London, England), and I left off with two Youtubers waving to them, and they go through the metal detecters. Can someone please help me for my next part?!

Is it about it? Or story based on it? The two are not the same. But like Ron, I have no idea what you are on about, but again like Ron, I would strongly say, stop writing it now! You cannot publish it in any form. Legally you cannot really even print it out in your own home just for you to read!

I think the rip-offs of Twilight far outnumber it though!