Acknowledgements and Oddy Hyphenated Words

Acknowledgements and Oddly Hyphenated Words

Question 1: Do eBooks contain acknowledgements, like ones found in printed books? If so, where do they go in the line up?
Question 2: Because my eBook has a plethora of made-up names, places, and things, the "computer" hyphenates words (when needed) in very odd ways. Is there anything that can be done about that?

Thx, Ari

Comments

• Ron MillerRon Miller Bibliophile

1. Although there are any number of arbitrary intrusions on an author's creativity when it comes to ebooks, I don't think there are any restrictions regarding acknowledgments. You can include or not include them as you wish. And you can put them wherever you like. Most traditionally published books will include them following the copyright page or on the last page.

2. Turn off hyphenization in your word processor. If the ebook reader is doing the hyphenating, you are probably out of luck. On the bright side, if the words and names are invented, only you know that the hyphenization is wrong.

AriSongBird wrote:

Acknowledgements and Oddly Hyphenated Words

Question 1: Do eBooks contain acknowledgements, like ones found in printed books? If so, where do they go in the line up?
    Question 2: Because my eBook has a plethora of made-up names, places, and things, the "computer" hyphenates words (when needed) in very odd ways. Is there anything that can be done about that?

Thx, Ari

• Thank you, Ron Miller, for your help and encouragement.
    I believe it is the eBook reader doing the hyphenating. So, it is, what it is--albeit, interesting. And sometimes a good laugh, too.
    As far as the acknowledgements go, I think they will be on the last page. A last, but not least, kind of thing.
    Again, thank you Ron.
    Regards,
    Ari