donations to libraries

To make a comparison, I offered both the Library of Congress, Washington D.C., and the National Library of Russia, Saint-Petersburg, to donate them a copy of Maître Tace, my French translation of a classical Tagalog novel by Lázaro FRANCISCO.

SPB answered very quickly, and were grateful I had thought of them. Their copy is on the way.

The Library of Congress has not answered yet, which is tantamount to saying they are not interested.  Smiley Indifferent

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Try just sending them the book without waiting for a response. Enclose a letter stating your intention so that they do not think it was a mistake.

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Em_Press a écrit :

Try just sending them the book without waiting for a response. Enclose a letter stating your intention so that they do not think it was a mistake.

Never! Potential donators to such major libraries are warned never to do that. You have to contact the librarian in charge of this department, and e-mail a physical description of your book as well as a summary of its contents. The link to my Lulu author's profile, and its preview of my book, helped a lot with the Russians.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Ok, well, good to know.

A citizen of the world.