Doing something wrong

Ok. Now I have a new problem. I have uploaded the newest version (using OpenOffice, as it turns out) and it was accepted. However, I can't open it in iBooks which the way I have been doing it to make highlights for editing in the newest edition. What am I doing wrong?
Thx, Ari

PS I had attached this to a previous thread (NOSE DIVE INTO CYBER HELL) and realized it should be its own. Sorry for the confusion.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Did you download the epub Lulu generated?

You need to use Adobe Digital Editions to view it.

Download Digital Edition 3.0 Macintosh (16.9 MB)

Download Digital Edition 3.0 Windows (5.9 MB)

It will reach iBookstore in less than 8 weeks. Not immediately.

A citizen of the world.

• Thank you, Em_Press. I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. It is not the finished copy. So far, I've been able to download it onto my iBook app (me only--not for publication) and I make highlights where I see changes need to be made. I then go into me most recent file on my desktop, make the changes, and re-upload it onto the site for conversion. So far, so good. Until this last time. The only change I've made in the process is using OpenOffice instead of Word. However, my email said it converted properly. Sooooooo???!
  • I replied in your other thread as Em_Press did. Make sure you download the Lulu generated ePub file. It doesn't matter if your project is still set to private. You can use the Adobe program previously mentioned or an e-reader add-on for your browser.

Ari, you are right. I misunderstood.

But, be very careful with changes to the epub using other software. It can render the file invalid.

The concept, however, is brilliant -- to tweak the Lulu generated epub. I normally use Sigil. Superb, free and safe.

A citizen of the world.

• Em_Press,
    Understood. Thx. BTW, what's Sigil?
    Ari

Sigil is an epub editor. You can create an html toc after title page, add cover, generate toc from headings, merge or separate pages, add metadata, etc.

It's extremely useful.

http://sigil.en.softonic.com/

A citizen of the world.

• Thx for the info and link. I will check it out.

Ari