Table of Contents

On submitting my file, I have recieved a message saying that there do not appear to be any chapters in my Table of Contents and suggesting that I need to set chapter divisions.

I had already used Heading 1 for title and section headings and Heading 2 for chapter numbers. Is there something else that I need to do? I can find no further clues in the guide.

Comments

• Hello Hexbug

What program did you use to originally create your manuscript?

• Hexbug,

What is the difference between these two?:

section headings and Heading 2 for chapter numbers

Make all chapter numbers and title heading 1, and subtitles heading 2.

• It is an RTF file created with Open Office

• Section headings refers simply to Part 1 and Part 2

I used Heading 1 for title and the section headings and Heading 2 for chapters, as per Guide

• That might be your problem. Check if there is any instance where H2 comes before H1. It should not.  Make everything H1 and upload. See if it works.

• Did as you suggested, but with the same result! I am totally confused. Having carefully followed the instructions in the Guide, as I understood them, I am at a loss to know what to do next.

• At this point you have two choices:

1. Raise a Support ticket, and lulu staff will guide you as to what to do next.

2. Upload your manuscript here temporarily . I can have a look and tell you what the problem is.

• Found an answer myself. Resubmitted file in doc format, rather than rtf and it worked first time! thanks for your help, though.

• resubmitted in doc format and everything worked well. Thanks for your response.

• Please, can anybody put me through how to format my paper into headings?

I kept on receiving "there do not appear to be any chapters in my Table of Contents and suggesting that I need to set chapter divisions." everytime I tried submitting my paper.

• My aunt bought some of my books at lulu. I was never paid
  • Hi Fembas - Here's our guide on the Lulu Knowledge Base:
    http://connect.lulu.com/t5/eBook-Formatting-Publishing/EPUB-Conversion-EPUB-Table-of-Contents-NCX-Preparation/ta-p/114439

Deeh, you'll see sales recorded under My Revenue on the My Projects page of Lulu.