We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Table of Contents

On submitting my file, I have recieved a message saying that there do not appear to be any chapters in my Table of Contents and suggesting that I need to set chapter divisions.

I had already used Heading 1 for title and section headings and Heading 2 for chapter numbers. Is there something else that I need to do? I can find no further clues in the guide.

Comments

• Hello Hexbug

What program did you use to originally create your manuscript?

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Hexbug,

What is the difference between these two?:

section headings and Heading 2 for chapter numbers

Make all chapter numbers and title heading 1, and subtitles heading 2.

A citizen of the world.

• It is an RTF file created with Open Office

• Section headings refers simply to Part 1 and Part 2

I used Heading 1 for title and the section headings and Heading 2 for chapters, as per Guide

That might be your problem. Check if there is any instance where H2 comes before H1. It should not.  Make everything H1 and upload. See if it works.

A citizen of the world.

• Did as you suggested, but with the same result! I am totally confused. Having carefully followed the instructions in the Guide, as I understood them, I am at a loss to know what to do next.

At this point you have two choices:

1. Raise a Support ticket, and lulu staff will guide you as to what to do next.

2. Upload your manuscript here temporarily . I can have a look and tell you what the problem is.

A citizen of the world.

• Found an answer myself. Resubmitted file in doc format, rather than rtf and it worked first time! thanks for your help, though.

• resubmitted in doc format and everything worked well. Thanks for your response.

• Please, can anybody put me through how to format my paper into headings?

I kept on receiving "there do not appear to be any chapters in my Table of Contents and suggesting that I need to set chapter divisions." everytime I tried submitting my paper.

• My aunt bought some of my books at lulu. I was never paid
  • Hi Fembas - Here's our guide on the Lulu Knowledge Base:
    http://connect.lulu.com/t5/eBook-Formatting-Publishing/EPUB-Conversion-EPUB-Table-of-Contents-NCX-Preparation/ta-p/114439

Deeh, you'll see sales recorded under My Revenue on the My Projects page of Lulu.