Physical book size suddenly wrong

The latest revision of my "Comic size" perfect bound book appeared to have a problem with the crop margin, but I have now found the book's width is actually 3mm less than with previous versions.  I have had three different books in this order, and they are all wrong and different to previous print runs.  It is amazing how much difference 3mm can make to the title layout!

Has anyone else had this problem inthe last week?  I have raised a case with Lulu.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

I found out Friday that the size sent to distribution partners is different from the size sold on Lulu. Example, 8.5 x11 is sent as 8.2 or 8.3 x11.

Not sure if this is your problem, but any discrepancy in size is incredibly problematic.

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

I have just mesured (in cm) one of my soft-bound 6x9 copies; there was no difference with the stated dimensions (15.24 x 22.86cm). 

As regards a Crown Quarto, the width is 18.7cm, while the stated width is 18,91cm. This 0.21 difference is negligible, and has no consequence on the cover or the text.

It's only negligible if your content is not dependent upon balance, as in a  border or text close to the edge. All my recent content on Amazon has been misaligned and looks terrible. Lulu staff has spent a lot of time contacting Ingrams to correct these issues.

It is a big deal. If the publisher believes a book to be a certain size, it must be that size.

A citizen of the world.

Jean Paul, the 6x9 books do not have a change in size. Only the larger ones. In order to confirm this you must measure one ordered from Lulu and one ordered from Amazon.

The Lulu proofs were perfect. I have not ordered my own books from Amazon so I have no idea what the customers are getting.

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Em_Press a écrit :

Jean Paul, the 6x9 books do not have a change in size. Only the larger ones. In order to confirm this you must measure one ordered from Lulu and one ordered from Amazon.

The Lulu proofs were perfect. I have not ordered my own books from Amazon so I have no idea what the customers are getting.

OK I'll have to discover someone who has bought a Crown Quarto of mine from Amazon - not easy.

• The Only way I format my pages iis to make the page size the same as the Front cover and then whether I want Full color to the edges or not I know the print copy will be great. Hope this assists.

When Print errors have occured (with my books) Lulu Support Staff are always ready to assist via email.

It might take a few days so meanwhile you take photos of the errors in your printed books and then send them to the Support Staff via email. These Lulu Staffers are brilliant!