Urgent, Urgent !!!... Urdu Book Publishing Help Required

Dear Friends and Support, I am so in trouble, I have Urdu Book to get published  and I am trying to understand how to get publihs urdu books via Lulu, still didn't find how can I do this please help me. my book is ready and I want to publish it with lulu.

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Professor

1) The official name and title have to be in Latin characters. These will be automatically printed by Lulu on the cover.

2) You can put the same in Arabic characters in the JPEG picture you will create for the cover.

3) Upload a PDF of your text for the content of your book.

4) For the blurb in Urdu, make a JPEG picture of it.

5) Order a draft and check the result.

P.S. Apparently. Lulu can have any language printed. See this book on Chinese.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/l-sung/advanced-chinese-comprehension-and-writing-practice/paperback/product-22444592.html

• Jena-Paul's response is spot on. The one thing I will add is that most of the language and character requirements are for books you wish to distribute. If the book is not being sent to distribution (such as a personal book, or one you want to sell on Lulu), the language restrictions are looser. If you're just printing with Lulu (not entering the book into distribution), you should see an error on the cover step if the characters are not accepted.

If you're hoping to send the book to distribution, I'd review our mandatory print requirements here:

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/ISBN-Distribution/Mandatory-Print-Book-Distribution-Requirements/ta-p/33632

• In order to create a book written in a language that reads right to left, for example Hebrew, Arabic, Urdu, or Japanese, please follow these instructions:

INTERIOR FILE: The first page of your manuscript should be the last page of your print-ready interior PDF. For example if you have a 240-page document, page 1 of the PDF should be page 240 of your manuscript, while page 240 of the PDF displays as page 1 of your manuscript. If you have page numbers in your book, they should appear in descending order in your file.

COVER FILE: Design your cover with the intended front cover on the left side and the intended back cover on the right.

If you have any questions or concerns, ask them here. I am sure someone else will have some expertise to share.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Can I just add that the OP has been posting the same question since 2009! Very peculiar!

• potetjppotetjp Professor

kevinlomas a écrit :

Can I just add that the OP has been posting the same question since 2009! Very peculiar!

It seems he never received any useful answer previously.

On the other hand, I am surprised he doesn't respond to our current answers.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

It doesn't matter. I'm sure many will find the answers useful.

A citizen of the world.

potetjp wrote:

kevinlomas a écrit :

It seems he never received any useful answer previously.

On the other hand, I am surprised he doesn't respond to our current answers.

People tried, but as you say,  he never responds. Perhaps he's a webbot?   Smiley Very Happy

Em_Press wrote:

It doesn't matter. I'm sure many will find the answers useful.

In which of his many identical threads? Smiley Surprised

• I am familiar with his problem from his posts on our Twitter and Facebook feeds.

We have many books published in Hebrew and Arabic, so it is possible to do it on Lulu, but one must be a bit creative with their manuscript and cover files.

You are right about it not being easy. Does the need for it not warrant a Lulu How-To?