a different kind of Amazon question

I ordered a book through Amazon yesterday, and noticed the delivery time would be a little longer than usual because the book is a POD (if it's o.k. to say this, it's CreateSpace). 

I'd never purchased or even noticed a book on Amazon listed as a POD. 

My question:  would it be appropriate, forbidden, or somewhere in between, to approach the seller and ask if they'd be willing/able to carry one of my books? 

If it's relevant, this particular book isn't currently available anywhere other than Lulu-  I didn't release it for distribution. 

I thought I'd ask here rather than approaching the seller, because I don't want to break any rules, and I don't know if there are any rules addressing this subject. 

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Professor

If your book has an ISBN, just apply for Lulu's free Global reach by clicking on the big arrowed X on the right of your book in the list of your projects. Amazon and all the other distributors will make your POD book available to everybody within 8 weeks.

• O.k., thanks for the info. 

• potetjppotetjp Professor
    You are welcome
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I ordered a book through Amazon yesterday, and noticed the delivery time would be a little longer than usual because the book is a POD (if it's o.k. to say this, it's CreateSpace). 

Createspace is a Lulu competitor. If it's a Createspace book created on it then it's nothing to do with Lulu as such.

I'd never purchased or even noticed a book on Amazon listed as a POD. 

Niether have I. Do you have the link to it please? It really is not the buyer's business how it's printed  Smiley Happy

My question:  would it be appropriate, forbidden, or somewhere in between, to approach the seller and ask if they'd be willing/able to carry one of my books? 

Ermm. What do you mean? * If you yourself make a book on Lulu (or Createspace for that matter) with a free Lulu ISBN (not for use with Createspace) then it will go on to Amazon and many other places. If other sellers wish to sell it then they can, without your permission, and without you having to ask them.

If it's relevant, this particular book isn't currently available anywhere other than Lulu-  I didn't release it for distribution.

Well when you do, then * applies. 

I thought I'd ask here rather than approaching the seller, because I don't want to break any rules, and I don't know if there are any rules addressing this subject.

None at all, but there's no real need to ask them.