My Orders FAQ

Vero_LuluVero_Lulu Reader
edited February 15 in Ordering

How do I use the Shopping Cart?

View your shopping cart at any time by clicking the Cart link or its icon, located at the top right of any page.

If you placed items in your cart during a previous shopping session and do not see them listed now, you are not logged in to your account. You can choose to either.

1. Click the Checkout button and log in to complete this purchase or
  2. Click the Log In link to sign into your account. Once you are logged in, click the Cart link or its icon to view your previously selected titles.
  3. To add more titles to your shopping cart, click the Continue Shopping link displayed below your shopping list.

Please Note: Items added to the shopping cart prior to logging into your account will not be displayed in your personal shopping list once you log in. Click the Continue Shopping link to return to the Marketplace to locate and add the new titles.

After adding an item to your Cart, the Shopping Cart opens and you can:

1. Click Continue Shopping to find more items to add to your cart
  2. Enter a new quantity in the item's Quantity box and click Update
  3. Remove an item from your cart by clicking Remove below the quantity box
  4. Add a coupon code and click the Apply button
  5. Click Checkout when ready to purchase your item(s)
  6. Log in to your Lulu account or use the New Customer Checkout

On the Shipping Info page you can:

1. Add an address and click the Save & Continue button
  2. Select the address you want to use from My Address Book on the Left
  3. Change an address by clicking the Edit link below it
  4. Click the Delete link under any address to remove that address
  5. Add a new address by clicking the Add New link at the bottom of your address book
  6. Select your shipping option in the Shipping and Delivery box
  7. Click the Save & Continue button to move on to the billing step

On the Billing Info page you can:

1. Select Paypal or Credit/Debit Card in the Payment Type section
  2. Enter credit card details when selecting Credit/Debit as your payment method
  3. Check or uncheck the box to make this your default payment method
  4. Add and store multiple Credit/Debit cards in your My Wallet on the left
  5. Add a billing address in the Billing Address box or select use shipping address
  6. Click Save & Continue to move on to Review your order

The last step in the checkout process is the Review and Place Order page, where you can:

1. Review your order carefully to make sure everything is correct.
  2. Click the Change Shipping link to modify your address or shipping option
  3. Click the Change Payment link to modify you billing information
  4. Go back to the cart to add or remove an item by clicking the Lulu Logo located in the top left
  5. If you are using the New Customer Checkout, you have the option to create an account with Lulu
  6. Click the Place Order button to purchase your item(s)

Some useful things to know:

• The currency of the store you are in, determines the currency you will pay in
  • Lulu's shopping cart saves your payment, shipping, and billing information to speed checkout the next time you shop
  • You can view and modify this information on the Review and Place Order page
  • Billing information can be removed at any time: Remove Credit/Debit Card info from My Wallet or My Contact List
  • Occasionally there are issues with processing Credit Cards. If you receive an email telling you we were unable to authorize your payment method, click or copy and paste the link provided in the email and make sure you enter the correct information for your payment. Once you have entered the correct information click the Save and Continue button.
  • Items on Lulu are printed as they are ordered and take time to print: How long until my order ships?

Can I cancel or make changes to my order?

We allow a one hour cancellation period for each print-on-demand order (not Services or eBook purchases), but once an order has been sent to the printer we are unable to cancel it. Please also be aware that once an order has been placed, we will not be able to make any changes to the source files, shipping address or shipping method for the order. The best way to proceed if these changes are desired would be to cancel the order within the given time period and then place a new order.

To cancel an order:
  1. Log into your account.
  2. Click on your user name and select My Orders.
  3. If the cancellation period has not ended, you will see a Cancel Order link next to your order.
  4. Click Cancel Order.

Order Payment Failed

If you receive a Payment Failure email, we were unable to process your order. You will need to re-enter your details by following the link provided in the email. Please verify your billing details before you re-enter your payment information. Once you have entered the correct information click the 'Save and Continue' button to proceed with the order.

Most often, payment failures are due to an improperly entered billing address. If your address includes an apartment or suite number, please use the Address 2 field to enter this information.

Note: If you do not re-enter your payment information, your order will not be processed. 

Where is my order?

If your order has taken longer than our estimated shipping and printing times to arrive, please Contact Lulu Support > When will it arrive?.

Additional Shipping Information

Shipping Times and Options

Where's My Delivery?

How long will it take my order to print?

Why didn't my book print?

Books that do not meet Lulu's Member Agreement, can be rejected by our print partners.

RIP Error

What is a RIP Error?
Commercial printers use RIP (Raster Image Processing) servers to convert PDF files into printable images. A RIP error is generated when a PDF fails to process through the RIP server and cannot be printed. This error indicates there is something wrong with the file being processed but does not indicate the cause of the failure. RIP errors rarely indicate what is wrong with the file, but we do know large file sizes, corrupt fonts or graphics, file code errors, and other corrupted data can cause the RIP to fail.

Can Lulu tell me what’s wrong with my PDF or help me fix it?

• Lulu will not be able to provide information on what is wrong with a PDF. Our print partners provide a simple error indicating the file that caused the error.
  • Lulu cannot fix files that failed the RIP process. Use the Information below to make a new PDF.

Ways to minimize the chances of a RIP error:

• Don’t let your file size get too big. Crop images in a graphics program rather than your page layout program, because the entire graphics file becomes part of the document, increasing file size and processing time.
  • Keep your document simple. Don’t use complex color blends and nested graphic images.
  • Don’t mix Type 1 and TrueType fonts in the same document.
  • Use preflight tools if available to catch common problems before uploading your file to Lulu.
  • Use reliable PDF creation software.
  • Use the correct settings.

Options for fixing a file after a RIP error:

• Fix a file using the information in “Minimize the chances of a RIP error" above.
  • Convert a PDF to a Postscript file and then redistill the Postscript file using a reliable PDF creation program.

How do I print a receipt?

After purchasing you can print a receipt from the order confirmation page after you click the Place Order button. Click the Print this Page button at the top right of the screen and follow your computer's instructions for printing.

Lulu also emails an order receipt to the email address you used when placing your order. You can print that receipt from your email client.

To print a receipt from within your registered Lulu account:
  1. Log into your Lulu account using your email address and password.
  2. Click your username and choose My Orders
  3. Click View Order Details for the appropriate order.
  4. Click Print Invoice.
  5. Follow your computer's instructions for printing

I received the wrong book OR book(s) are missing from my Order

If you received the wrong item or an item you didn't order, please contact Lulu Support.

If items are missing from your order, check your packing slip. If you don’t find the item(s) on the packing slip, it is possible that part of your order was printed at a separate facility. Log into your Lulu account, go to your Order History, and click on the order number in question. Check to see which items have shipped and which haven’t. Items should be separated by shipment. If items do appear to be missing please contact Lulu Support > Incorrect Order.

Damaged or Defective Items

If you receive your item and it is damaged or defective, please take a photo and contact Lulu Support > Damaged Order for assistance. Don't forget to attach your photo(s).

I revised my book after placing an order. Will I receive the old version or the new version?

You will receive the version that was current at the time the order was placed. Any subsequent revisions will not be reflected in that order; to receive the new version, you must place a new order. If your order is still within the one-hour cancellation window, you can cancel it and place a new one (see above).