Lulu Account FAQ
- Create a Lulu Account
- What should I do if I receive spam from a Lulu account or suspect other abuse of a Lulu account?
- I replied to a Lulu Support email. Why haven't I received a response?
- How do I change my payee contact information?
- Why do I have to give my email address to use Lulu?
- Change Email Settings for Lulu Communications
- I am asked to log in over and over. What's the problem?
- What is a Lulu Guest?
- Why was my account disabled?
Create a Lulu Account
When you sign up for a Lulu account, you can begin self-publishing your remarkable work, save your preferred shipping and billing information, and choose the types of notifications you are most interested in receiving.
To create a Lulu account:
- Click on the Sign up link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter your name, valid email address (this will be your login ID), and password.
- Click in the box to receive Lulu coupons, sales announcements, news, and updates. You may change this selection at any time in the future by clicking on your user name and selecting My Account > My Preferences.Please take the time to read the Lulu Member Agreement in order to understand our community guidelines. By creating an account, you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- Personal information is stored in our secure database, and we will not share it with third parties except under limited and necessary circumstances. Read Lulu's Privacy Pledge to learn more.
- Click the Register button.
- You will be returned to the Lulu.com homepage.
- Click the flag icon at the top of the page to select your preferred country store. This selection can be changed at any time in the future.
To Complete your Registration:
- Open the email account used to create your Lulu account.
- Open the Lulu Welcome email.
- Click on the link to confirm your email address and complete the registration process.
What should I do if I receive spam from a Lulu account or suspect other abuse of a Lulu account?
If a Lulu account sends you spam or if at any time you suspect that someone is abusing a Lulu account, please bring this behavior to our attention using our Email Support Form. Some examples of account abuse include the following.
- Accessing your account without your permission
- Sending spam with links to Lulu storefronts or products
- Other abusive behavior as outlined in the Community Use section of the Lulu Membership Agreement
I replied to a Lulu Support email. Why haven't I received a response?
If you submitted a support email to Lulu and didn't receive an auto-response acknowledging receipt of your request, your system is probably blocking emails from Lulu.
There are several reasons your system may block Lulu emails: your ISP may be blocking them, your system or networking firewall may have Lulu.com blacklisted, or the Lulu emails may be identified as spam. Please check your email application and ISP representative to find out why you are not receiving our emails.
Make sure to add "Lulu Support" <[email protected]> to your spam filter whitelist so emails from lulu will get through.
How do I change my payee contact information?
To edit your payee contact information:
- Log into your Lulu.com account
- Go to My Projects.
- Click the Payment Contacts link in the My Revenue panel on the left side of the page.
- Click the Edit button next to the Payee Contact information you want to change.
- Click Save Payee Information aftermaking your edits.
Please Note: If you have submitted a W-9 tax form, your payment information will be locked. Submit a new W-9 with the updated information and our accounting department will update your payee contact information.
Why do I have to give my email address to use Lulu?
Your email address is your Lulu login ID. We need your email address to keep your publishing projects secure in your creator account and to send you an order confirmation when you make a purchase. Used in concert with a Lulu password, your email speeds check out.
We will never share your information with third parties; please see our Privacy Pledge.
Change Email Settings for Lulu Communications
To change your subscription options:
- Log into your Lulu.com account with your email address and password.
- Go to My Projects > My Account & Orders > My Preferences.
- Select or deselect the boxes next to the notifications you wish to receive.
- Click Save.
What should my password be? When you select a password, pick something that is easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess.A mix of upper- and lower-case letters and numbers is considered a good password.
- Your password must be at least 6 characters and cannot contain any spaces. We suggest you use a combination of letters and numbers.
- You can use some special characters (such as & # or _ ). You may not use < or >.
- Passwords are case sensitive; that is, "LOGINID," "LoginID," and "loginid" are not the same.
I am asked to log in over and over. What's the problem?
You may need to change some settings on your computer or in your browser. First try clearing your cookies. If that doesn't work, please check the following:
Are your browser's security settings too high? Are your internet browser's cookies enabled?
On Chrome, access Setting, then click Advanced to see the Privacy and Security settings. Be sure to enable Cookies under the Content Settings.
To change security settings and enable cookies in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu. On the Privacy tab, use the Settings slider to change the level of privacy your browser allows.
To change security settings and enable cookies in Firefox,
- Click Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the Privacy icon on the left of the options window.
- Click Cookies on the Privacy menu to change your browser's settings.
- More security settings can be modified by clicking the Advanced icon on the left of the options window and scrolling down to the Security settings.
To change security settings and enable cookies in Safari, click Preferences on the Safari menu. Click the Security icon at the top of the window.
Is the time/date on your computer accurate?
- Windows - To set the correct time and date in Windows, double-click on the clock in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Mac - To set the correct time and date on your Mac, click the clock in the upper right corner of your screen and select Open Time & Date from the drop-down menu.
What is a Lulu Guest?
A Lulu Guest is any unregistered user. Unregistered users can access the Lulu.com site, browse the marketplace, purchase print books, and read the Lulu Community Forums or Knowledge Base articles.
You must create a Lulu account and be logged in before you can create, edit, manage or publish a project. Users must also be logged in before they can post in the community forums or purchase an eBook.
Why was my account disabled?
If your account has been removed from Lulu, the material you uploaded to Lulu was in blatant disregard of our Member Agreement. Lulu only permits distribution of your own work or work that the owner specifically granted you permission to use. Lulu will delete your content from the system if it is found to violate the Member Agreement.
For more information, see Copyright Infringement FAQ
Additional Resources:Printing FAQ