Recommended PDF Creation Programs
- Adobe Acrobat can convert your manuscript to a PDF. You must upload a PDF version between Acrobat 1.3 and 1.5. (If you plan to purchase a Distribution Service, your PDF must be distilled by Adobe. More info) Acrobat can be purchased from Adobe Systems or any software retailer
- Adobe offers an online subscription service that allows you to pay a fee to turn a set number of documents into PDF files. Learn more at http://createpdf.adobe.com
- Apache OpenOffice is an open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It can read and write files from other common office software packages and covert them to PDF. OpenOffice is available for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and other operating systems and can be downloaded and used completely free of charge at OpenOffice.org
- InDesign is a desktop publishing software application made by Adobe Systems which can be used to create your manuscript and convert it into a PDF. InDesign can be purchased from Adobe Systems or any software retailer
- doPDF is a virtual printer that can convert any printable file to a PDF. You can download doPDF for free for your Windows 7, Vista, or XP computer at doPDF.com
- CutePDF can convert any printable file to a PDF. It does require another program in order do this. You can download CutePDF free for your Microsoft Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, or 7 computer at CutePDF.com
Note: Lulu does not recommend creating a PDF using the PDF button found in the print menu on a Mac. Mac Quartz / Preview (Mac graphics technology that easily produces PDFs) was not intended for creating professional print quality PDFs, therefore it is not a suitable option when publishing on Lulu.