Enough to make you paranoid?

A book with just the title Virus, with a Preview one has to download.  Smiley Surprised

Comments

• Dearest Kevin,

Let us leave people who post in Shameless in peace. I doubt they want their post picked apart.

A citizen of the world.

• It was not picked apart. It was a single observation. I also post in there. Feel free to comment.

So, anyway, you don't agree that it's an unfortunate title for a digital file?

• I tend to agree with Kevin...not so much about the title of the book (which is kind of unfortunate in the circumstances), but in the fact that any time anyone puts something in front of the public they are making themselves open to criticism.

If one want wants commentary they post in Author Workshop or elsewhere in the forums. It is becoming so people are hesitant to promote their work here. Therefore, t is my opinion that we should leave Shameless posts alone. Why create a whole new thread in order to mock or criticize? The author obviously didn't want that.

A citizen of the world.

• I tend to agree with Kevin...not so much about the title of the book (which is kind of unfortunate in the circumstances), but in the fact that any time anyone puts something in front of the public they are making themselves open to criticism.

Indeed Ron. And adding an ISBN opens up the worldwide opportunity for anyone to have a poke, and they usually do. Smiley Surprised

Sometimes it's even constructive.

There's times I wish that more people would review my books, good or bad, because it means they have at least bought one!

• Shameless was specifically designed so that one cannot post comments.

Indeed, and on a self-publishing site that was a mistake. Most welcomed any comments, it was only a minority who said "how dare you! My book is perfect!" when indeed it was far from it. And it was also mainly just one person who kept telling the rest of the forum to MYOB and suggested Shameless should be created.

If one want wants commentary they post in Author Workshop or elsewhere in the forums.

It's very obvious that few who post in Shameless even know the rest of the forum exists. If they did then perhaps they would read it before they publish.

It is becoming so people are hesitant to promote their work here.

I really doubt that. All that is mainly said in the forums is to please add a link to postings in Shameless, because few do. But they need not worry because few people read them anyway. (Look at the counter, that I asked to be added.) It's often misused anyway, with some individual or other flooding it. Are you hesitant to post in Shameless? I doubt it.

Therefore, t is my opinion that we should leave Shameless posts alone. Why create a whole new thread in order to mock or criticize? The author obviously didn't want that.

Who is mocking? And criticism is a good thing to heed. Some just cannot tell the difference between the two. What a shame few of them don't take notice.